Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58a-UD7 rev1 boot loop

Dalekk

X58a-UD7 rev1 boot loop
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:24:19 pm »
my pc went into standby the other day and would not wake from it so i turned it off and since then its been stuck in a bootloop before the bios screen, i've tried everything to get it to reboot. I took everything off the board but one stick of ram the i920 and a video car, i've tried the ram in every slot and different sticks of ram as well as 2 psu's and 2 nvidia video cards, i've also swapped the port that i isntal the video card into.

i tried this method below to get the dual bios working after leaving my pc unplugged with no power connectors connected and the battery out over night, it didn't work....

any help would be greatly appreciate, also i wasn't overclocked at this time or anything, just default setting and voltage.

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=p5k2bjodll2bpu9bcbb6n5kfp5&/topic,12165.0.html

Maybe try and force the Dual Bios to kick in, I did something similar to this myself on the same board as yours (mines rev 1.0).
May not work for you, but worth a shot.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the rear of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
4. The board will shut down.
5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Dalekk

Re: X58a-UD7 rev1 boot loop
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:32:43 pm »
Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this board out of this boot loop?  I was hoping to keep this board and cpu until January its been reliable so far and if i overclock it it certainly doesn't bottle neck my 660ti

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:28:17 pm »
Pull the CPU and check the pins in the CPU socket. The only thing would cause a problem like that is something to do with the CPU.

I have tested many times with different parts on the motherboards. The one that has cause a boot loop is a bad CPU or no CPU.

As far as I know when the computer it goes through a self test. The first thing it check for is the CPU-1 / Memory-2 / Video-3.

You could have a bad CPU, bent pin, or no power to the CPU. On the memory and Video card you get it to boot, but most of the time you will get a series of beeps with them.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Dalekk

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 02:57:48 am »
I'll pull the cpu in the am as I have no other options, this pc was running for weeks though before this random crash..

Dalekk

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 02:59:15 am »
I pulled the heatsink and chip today and there were no bent pins, I also tried to start the motherboard with no cpu or ram in and  it did the exact same thing, started and reset after 10-20 seconds.