Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GV-N78TOC-3GD Geforce 780Ti Windforce rev 1.0 DVI problems

Hi again,

Have anyone encountered problems with DVI on this type of card?
I have seen issues with artefacting - fortunately my card is quite ok when image quality is considered but there is one VERY disturbing "feature" with DVI connection:

I do use 2 screens - primary - connected via DVI - NEC 2690 WUXi and secondary connected via DisplayPort.
And now the fun part begins - every time GPU usage goes sky high (during CUDA calculations or graphics renderer) DVI output blinks and "changes" resolution from 1920x1200@59.9Hz to 1920x1200@60Hz.
Problem is quite mysterious for me because earlier on I had Radeon series cards and there there were no issues with strange 59.9Hz refresh rate... To make things more frustrating - I have found old guides - to create custom resolution in nVidia control panel, with 60.001Hz that would force 1920x1200@60Hz mode all the time... And YES - my NEC shows it as 1920x1200@60Hz (native 1920x1200@60Hz results in 1920x1200@59.9Hz), but I still get the bloody flicker when it is being changed during GPU intensive tasks.
Problem is not that disturbing when I'm doing something in Photoshop or other such software but while gaming - like in TitanFall where GPU usage goes to extremes - from practically not doing anything to full load, I get those "resolution changes" randomly during a gaming session...
Problem does not seems to touch the DP connected screen.

Are you experiencing similar strange behaviour or maybe it's just my card that needs to be returned?!?
I will be most grateful for any insight.

Re: Gigabyte GV-N78TOC-3GD Geforce 780Ti Windforce rev 1.0 DVI problems
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:19:59 pm »
Hi again  :D

I have some more information concerning that disturbing "resolution change".
1) I have tried HDMI -> DVI cable and connected my 2690WUXi - same result
2) Problem occurs only in "Extended Desktop" configuration...

Romuls

Re: Gigabyte GV-N78TOC-3GD Geforce 780Ti Windforce rev 1.0 DVI problems
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 01:58:55 pm »
Hello Gentlemen!You wrote your best aficionados. Take a long time products Gigabyte, in particular motherboard GA-EP-43T-UD-3L. Performance chepseta super! (Computer bought for $ 1500 - 2010) The whole system works fine, but in our life there are disappointments. Bought your video card GV-R489OC-1GD for $ 300! (Decided to improve the system.) After a few days starts to fly OS. At first I thought that the motherboard is not spravlyaetsya, but no! decided that Windows 7 is low on memory, bought additional memory (for maternal playty - read) 150 dollars. Not pomaglo! Bought a radiator for the CPU Inte correl 2 quad 9400! (Since taking Box) +50 dollars without pomaglo! (Shamanism nachalos0! And already in 2012. Thought that around a problem with the temperature control! But no Okazyvaetsya GV-R489OC-1GD is not designed correctly!! Some bitch Constructor (Piedra bastard condom) with hands monster considered himself a true designer decided to make fun of the buyers. Rasskhod $ 1,000 to identify the causes of system failure and the PC in general does not bother me (I decided to investigate)! radiator appears to GV-R489OC-1GD is not installed correctly! Radiator RAM chips to put just like that! he does not capture the most basking elements! Krnstruktoru hands to snatch it!!!! Guide to see! Boobies you and not the developers!!P.S.When did not buy consumer goods Gigabyt0e-Soup!My remarks will go into Microsoft!