Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-J1800N-D2H onboard HDMI issue

GA-J1800N-D2H onboard HDMI issue
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:05:11 pm »
Hi,

I bought the J1800N-D2H SoC motherboard, which has a HDMI and VGA port onboard. I am unable to use the HDMI port.  When booting the system without any OS installed yet, the HDMI port gives no video output whatsoever.

I read that there were problems with the F2 BIOS version, so I performed the upgrade to F4, which changed a couple of settings as well (CSM legacy settings). After the BIOS upgrade, the HDMI port still gives no output whatsoever upon booting (BIOS, UEFI, booting any medium).

Using the VGA output, I installed 2 different OS to try to get the HDMI to work:

1) Ubuntu 14.04 with the latest Intel drivers: HDMI doesn't work
2) Windows 8.1 64bit with the latest drivers from your website: doesn't work either

The current OS is Windows 8.1 and Windows doesn't even see a screen on the HDMI port when both HDMI and VGA are connected. My HDMI television and cable are working fine, I have connected 3 other devices (a Raspberry Pi, a PC with a discrete graphics card and an Xstreamer device) using the HDMI and both display video right from the start.

DOA, or still a BIOS issue?  I have been checking all integrated VGA options, but none seem to affect the HDMI port :(

Re: GA-J1800N-D2H onboard HDMI issue
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:48:02 pm »
Mine works fine with HDMI since bios version f3, I'm using f4 currently, the only issue I have is that I need to plug in a USB keyboard to access the bios screen, unable to get in using a usb wireless keyboard.  You could try different hdmi cables or if you use an avr try plugging directly into the TV? 

On a similar note I am unable to get this board to output via hdmi to xbox-one so there may be some compatibility issues, although not tried again since updating to f4?

The thing that is driving me insane with this board and I may start a new thread, is that I'm unable to get dts-hd MA audio working through Windows 7 64bit.  The driver properties do not list dts-hd ma nor dolby digital HD in the supported formats tab.  The only similar issue to this I've managed to stumble across is in this Intel forum - https://communities.intel.com/thread/48173?start=60&tstart=0

I have managed to get it working using OpenElec so It has to be a driver issue, can anyone else confirm they have this issue?

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:07:10 pm »
I am running it through an Onkyo receiver to a Panasonic TV. When connected to the av receiver the screen shows 480p and there is neither any video during boot or when the OS is (probably) loaded. If I hook up the board directly to the Tv the HDMI works fine and if at this time I unplug the hdmi from the TV and connect to my AVR it works fine.

I used to have another Gigabyte board E350 something and that thing would simply refuse to boot if it had something connected on its HDMI port! A bios upgrade fixed that, but seriously something with such a major fault should not be going out into the market!

keath

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:06:26 pm »
Hey Sloefke,

I have been having the same issue as you and RMA'd my older motherboard and got a new one but the problem doesnt seem to go away.

Like you said I have managed to install Win 8.1 and Ubuntu 12.0 over VGA but the HDMI will never display anything. I'm on F4 and totally clueless about this. I have 3 PC's at home but none of them acted up this way. I'm hoping someone could really help here on this issue.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 08:23:32 am »
Did anybody fix the issue?
I have the same, no HDMI signal. Can't see over HDMI neither BIOS/UEFI shell screen, nor Windows.

GA-J1800N-D2H;
BIOS version F4;
SSD with GPT;
Windows 7 x64;
VGA driver officialy provided.

Let me try BIOS F3. Could anybody share the file?

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 08:39:18 am »
I got the signal on monitor by Samsung! But I still can't get video on my Sony Bravia TV-set. Tried different cords.
I read somewhere about incompatibility with some Sony models, so the issue is of TV.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 04:29:58 pm »
I have this board and this issue annoyed me for ages, no output to HDMI on certain LCDs, it's disgraceful such a product by a major manufacturer of mobos has this kind of issue.
I also have a Sony-Bravia and have solved the problem....
I tried it first on another TV and it worked great but not on my Sony...
I read this after trying to solve wake from sleep black screen issue via HDMI, so hopefully this helps someone out.
So, and I'm not sure how I discovered this, but I bought a 5to1 HDMI switcher, and on a couple of the inputs of said device the signal comes through perfectly...
I think it's something to do with handshaking & HDCP issues/ between the mobo and the TV, and this little box seems to inject it's own on certain inputs...
I bought mine from Scan at the time, last year, but at this moment can't find them there anymore...
It comes with a small remote control which you plug the receiver in via a jack socket...
BTW, it's input 3 of this device which works with the mobo, and the only other that seemed to work with my TiVo was input 5, it also auto switches.
Here it is, if this link works on here...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Switcher-Splitter-Freesat-Camcorder/dp/B00LHS2GZ6/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430407511&sr=1-12&keywords=5+port+hdmi+switch