Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GTX970 G1 DVI issues

Phsy

Gigabyte GTX970 G1 DVI issues
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:36:56 am »
Hi Guys,

Forwarded question from Geforce.com, since noone can actually answer it:

"So I got my new Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming card today and my was I disappointed when I trying to plug in my second monitor (the main one is on the HDMI port) into my DVI-I port and it didn't work.

The interesting thing is though, that when I plug in the monitor, it doesn't do the whole float sign "No connecting" it simply says no signal. Plugging it into the DVI-D port makes everything work wonderfully, but alas a detect port is no good.

I have noticed others having problem with the DVI-D port, so at least I'm not the only one, BUT I noticed something in my case. When plugged in, I get a "Another display not detected" monitor in my Screen Resolution menu. Since its DVI-I, it carries a VGA signal, and I thought maybe it'll work on the VGA signal. So I click on the "Another Display not detected" monitor and choose "Try to connect on VGA anyway". Then I switched to a VGA cable, stuck an DVI->VGA adapter on it, and POOF it worked.

So the VGA signal in the DVI-I port works, which seems weird to me. Is it possible the port isn't defective at all, and it might have something to do with BIOS settings on the card and the whole "Flex Screen" thing?

EDIT: If you have a fully working Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, where all ports work, could you please post your vbios name? You can use GPU-Z to find it, and it would help me, and a bunch of others a whole lot."

p.s.:Please can you tell us is this a BIOS issue, which can be fixed with a simple BIOS update, or its a hardware issue, so the card need to be RMAd.
We also think about what can be the difference between REV1 and 1.1? Only BIOS, or hardware changes too?

Thanks,
P.

delpy8

Re: Gigabyte GTX970 G1 DVI issues
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 01:10:28 pm »
Im having a slightly different issue I did not get any display via dvi-i or dvi-d only via dp and hdmi, but eventually got the top dvi-i to work but have just come home to no display again via dvi-i so had to connect the dp cable to get a display then reconnected the dvi cable to the top dvi-i cinnector and IM getting a display again

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:56:34 am »
I have been keeping an eye on this situation. Have not seen any fixes . So I think I'm going to send my card back to the retailer.

Kicek

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:17:34 am »
I have a similiar problem

System spec:
Processor: i5 4690k
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger (latest bios)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 8gb
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair HX750
Single monitor: Samsung BX2431

I was running this setup on my EVGA gtx 670 FTW for a while without any problems.
Lately I bought MSI gtx 970 gaming but I had no signal from DVI. While DVD port was plugged I could load my system (in very low resolution) up to black Win 7 logo, after that there was no signal in either port but from the sound I heard that Win 7 booted. After reset I was able to boot in safe mode I had to RMA that MSI gpu (faulty VRM). I bought Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 gaming and I have the same exact problem. I've also tried another PCI slot. After all that I've plugged hdmi-hdmi cable and it works. But when I tried to plug DVI into GPU port there was black screen again. When I pluged hdmi cable only then it works fine... No idea what might be the case....

Best Regards