Official GIGABYTE Forum

Where Can I get a Gigabyte fan bracket?

Where Can I get a Gigabyte fan bracket?
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:51:58 pm »
I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 Motherboard with a (former) Phenom X4 9600 BE. The fan bracket (orange thing, I don't know what it's actually called) broke because the processor fan had too much tension on it. Now my processor is fried and I need a new fan bracket thingy. Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm good with technology, just not where to buy stuff like that. Any help would be appreciated.

Pottypete

Re: Where Can I get a Gigabyte fan bracket?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29:33 am »
Hi,
try sending Runn3r a PM
cheers

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:41:13 pm »
I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 Motherboard with a (former) Phenom X4 9600 BE. The fan bracket (orange thing, I don't know what it's actually called) broke because the processor fan had too much tension on it. Now my processor is fried and I need a new fan bracket thingy. Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm good with technology, just not where to buy stuff like that. Any help would be appreciated.
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=13

Click there to msg runn3R :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:51:55 am by runn3R »
There's no place like ::1

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: Where Can I get a Gigabyte cpu retension mechanism bracket?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:51:17 am »
Hi midog23

Thanks for your PM.
It's called CPU fan retention mechanism bracket (CPU fan retention frame). We can send it to you, no problem :)

Just send the email with the details (MB model, item name, link to this post, your address) to returns@gbt-tech.co.uk

ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:39:17 pm »
Thank you, runn3r. I sent them an e-mail the same day you sent me your reply. They have not sent me an e-mail back and I don't think they shipped anything to me. Is there any way I can know if they sent me the product or not? Thank you in advance again.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:59:34 am »
Hi

Strange as our RMA dept asked me why they still waiting so long for your email to arrive.
Have you sent the message from the same email account as you used for registering at this forum?
Please continue the further discussion using PM (Private Message) function, thanks.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)