« on: February 08, 2012, 11:43:29 pm »
I need to turn the USB power off when I switch off the computer
Is this possible? If so how?

thanks

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: GA-G33M-DS2R - USB power off when computer is off
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:39:44 pm »
You can try disabling hidden BIOS setting, if it's in your BIOS, your BIOS might not have the setting though.   

On the MAIN page of the BIOS press Control + F1 and the screen will flash, then go into Power Settings page and see if you see the setting Wake Via USB Device, if you see this set to disable and save/apply and see if that works.

almu

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:09:02 pm »
You can try disabling hidden BIOS setting, if it's in your BIOS, your BIOS might not have the setting though.   

On the MAIN page of the BIOS press Control + F1 and the screen will flash, then go into Power Settings page and see if you see the setting Wake Via USB Device, if you see this set to disable and save/apply and see if that works.

Thanks for reply

No joy with your suggestion - Control + F1 no workee
I've already disabled wake with keyboard and mouse in bios

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:59:38 am »
You will have to use USB to PS/2 adapters then, there is no other way because the power supply is what powers USB devices when the board is off

What device is it you need to have off anyway?  

*Edit*   I just checked your BIOS, and you do have the hidden setting I mentioned!   It's called "USB Device Wake-up From S3".  You need to be on the MAIN page of the BIOS, then press control + F1 once at the same time and the screen will flash, then go into power management page and you will see the setting mentioned above.

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:59:13 pm »
What program is that?

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 04:37:17 pm »
PM coming your way!

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:52:36 pm »
Thanks!

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:51 pm »
Anytime!

Hopefully the OP here has found his hidden setting now and it helped him with this issue!

almu

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »
Anytime!

Hopefully the OP here has found his hidden setting now and it helped him with this issue!

Thanks for the replies - I won't be able to test things out until Thursday as computer is at my partners house.

For the record I need to power down the USB sockets as I've bought a standby saver socket block which powers down everything plugged into socket when USB power is cut www.standby-saver.co.uk/ - trying to cut down my electric costs

will let you know if things work out thanks

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 03:15:31 am »
I'm not sure you got ahead on this one: the Standby Saver uses power for its lights (always on) and for its monitoring circuitry.  I couldn't find how much it draws to compare.

If you have it disconnect your PC from mains, you'll rely on your CMOS battery while its unplugged.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 07:03:53 am »
Sorry to revive this thread but it stills comes up in google so I figured I would add this as it might help some people.

I have a :
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
and a
Gigabyte Aivia Osmium keyboard

that I recently purchased. I like the blue back-light on the keyboard, but when I would put my computer to sleep it would stay on, and it is pretty bright so it makes it hard to sleep. Pushing the LED off scroll wheel didn't help, but unplugging and replugging would make it turn off. Obviously this was not a desirable solution.

I searched around but a lot but there weren't many things I hadn't already tried (changes the wake setting in dev mgr). I came here but my BIOS did not have any USB Wake Up From Sleep under power management and F1 now switches between advanced and 3D view so ctrl + F1 did not reveal any hidden options.

Turns out you just have to set "ErP" (stands for Energy-related Products) to "Enabled" in the power management tab, now my keyboard backlight turns off when I sleep my computer, although according to the manual (found here: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z77x-ud5h_e.pdfl this mode prevents anything from waking the computer from sleep, including the LAN card. Doesn't matter to me but some might need that.

Sorry to revive this but hopefully it saves someone like me a few hours.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 03:56:38 pm »
@pitabite

That was really helpful!!!Thank you sooo much!!
My keyboard was lighting all night and the external usb HDD was running and making noise all the time even though the pc was powered off!
I was plugging and unplugging cables every day :/

The solution is exactly what you said: <<set "ErP" (stands for Energy-related Products) to "Enabled" in the power management tab>>
My mobo is "GA-G41M-COMBO"

Thank you again!