Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1.Assasin 2 Overclock Wont Stay After Resuming From Sleep

C-BuZz

G1.Assasin 2 Overclock Wont Stay After Resuming From Sleep
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:13:49 am »
G'day

Bios multi set @ 40x. When it resumes from sleep EVERY time I get this...  ??? Regardless of what is set in bios. G1.Assasin2. All power saving settings disabled. I'm leaning towards a lame bios issue because I cant think of anything else. If I turn off sleep altogether & never put the pc to sleep it works 100%, but I don't want the PC running 24/7. Only happens when resuming from sleep.

Running the latest F10 bios.

The system is NOT crashing/restarting/bluescreening ect.. HALP!! LoL..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:15:33 am by C-BuZz »

RobD

Re: G1.Assasin 2 Overclock Wont Stay After Resuming From Sleep
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:15:04 pm »
Mine [3960x] runs low clock low power low temps till I give it some work to do, then clocks and power go to max and temps climb.
Try running a stress tester like prime95 [free dl] or similar and see what happens.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »
Hi

Make sure that you haven't got conflicting settings in Windows and the BIOS for the sleep cycles.Also make sure that everything is 100% stable as any instability can cause problems with sleep.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

C-BuZz

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 03:19:00 am »
Mine [3960x] runs low clock low power low temps till I give it some work to do, then clocks and power go to max and temps climb.
Try running a stress tester like prime95 [free dl] or similar and see what happens.

3.5Ghz priming 100% load after waking from sleep, already tried that thanks anyway.

Hi

Make sure that you haven't got conflicting settings in Windows and the BIOS for the sleep cycles.Also make sure that everything is 100% stable as any instability can cause problems with sleep.

Hi,

Low power state is set to %100 in Windows. It's 100% stable, no doubt about it. Heck, I can bench all day at 4.8Ghz. But waking from sleep, the multi is 35x.... Even if it wasn't, doesn't explain why the multi is 35x waking up from sleep. I can sit here & watch it go to sleep @ 4Ghz. I can then immediately wake it up & it's stuck on 35x multi LOL!!!

Err  ???
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:21:38 am by C-BuZz »

RobD

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:16 am »
Ok, that is quite bizzare!  ???
Will check how mine behaves in this regard after I've chased the bsod on resume problem.
What OS are you running and hdd config?

C-BuZz

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:48:26 am »
Ok, that is quite bizzare!  ???
Will check how mine behaves in this regard after I've chased the bsod on resume problem.
What OS are you running and hdd config?

Indeed it's really bizzare. Running 2 x 120GB SSD's in Raid0 (onboard raid) with Win7 64bit SP1. See if your overclock sticks after resuming from sleep.

Thx mate.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:49:34 am by C-BuZz »

RobD

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:07:51 pm »
No probs, but first I have to get mine to successfully resume from sleep without bsod'ing   >:(
Other's in this forum are having issues with this as well.

C-BuZz

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 07:18:22 am »
No probs, but first I have to get mine to successfully resume from sleep without bsod'ing   >:(
Other's in this forum are having issues with this as well.

Weird, I've had zero bsod issues. Has not Bsod'd once resuming from sleep. Only the multi dropping to 35x.

RobD

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:37:23 am »
It's a config and/or installed OS issue. 7x32 on ide sata port works fine. Working my way through the list to identify which setup fails.
I'll try the OC issue while I have 7x32 installed and let you know how that goes.

C-BuZz

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 10:40:59 am »
It's a config and/or installed OS issue. 7x32 on ide sata port works fine. Working my way through the list to identify which setup fails.
I'll try the OC issue while I have 7x32 installed and let you know how that goes.

what do you mean 7x32?

C-BuZz

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 02:59:32 pm »
F11 Bios did not fix this issue...
BEFORE SLEEP:

AFTER RESUMING FROM SLEEP:

Why??  ???

RobD

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 04:47:21 pm »
what do you mean 7x32?
Win7 32 bit

So, another bios release - F11 - and it's quoted as improved sata hdd compatability...hmmm....
Have to admit, I'm still getting my head around the bios in this m/b.
Are you setting the cpu multiplier in bios or via the gigabyte software tools [or ezitune]?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:00:38 pm by RobD »

RobD

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 06:18:05 pm »
Ok, so I move the cpu multiplier in bios from the default x33 to x34. set turboboost to disable so I can see in cpuz that my max multiplier is now x34 under full load, but nooo, it still wants to go to x36 [turbo multiple]   ???
Have set min power state in cpl to 100%, but nooo, it still idles at x12   ???

Not only that, I tried pressing the OC button in at one stage to see what that did and after that, pressing del to get into bios either did nothing and windows would boot, or the tab menu would come up   ???
Pressing ctrl-alt-del at that point would always work, so the del key is definitely working.
Sometimes F12 boot options would work [sometimes] and I could get to bios from there.
Tried a ps2 kb and it was no different.
I turned the OC button off and am still having troubles pressing del to get to bios.

Not only that, I've noticed from day 1 that sometimes after doing a restart without even having entered bios and with everything on default [load optimized defaults] except 'show full logo', that it would turn on the green m/b led [m/b is sitting on a box atm] like it was about to boot, but then the led goes off then after a few secs comes back on, then [maybe then] you get the megatrends splash and system beep   ???
Sometimes it will have a few goes before finally starting.

I have run memtest for 24 hours with no errors and prime95 for a few hours with no errors.

Maybe the F11 bios might solve some of these issues.

Does anyone get the feeling that it's left to end users to do the debugging these days... :)
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, the complexity bar has been raised a bit lately.
But goddammit, I just wanna play a game and my m/b is STill sitting on a cardboard box!!  :D .....yeah, gotta keep smiling!

C-BuZz

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 12:13:26 am »
what do you mean 7x32?
Win7 32 bit

So, another bios release - F11 - and it's quoted as improved sata hdd compatability...hmmm....
Have to admit, I'm still getting my head around the bios in this m/b.
Are you setting the cpu multiplier in bios or via the gigabyte software tools [or ezitune]?

I only ever overclock in bios. Only use ET6 to see if I could see why the multi was dropping.

Ok, so I move the cpu multiplier in bios from the default x33 to x34. set turboboost to disable so I can see in cpuz that my max multiplier is now x34 under full load, but nooo, it still wants to go to x36 [turbo multiple]   ???
Have set min power state in cpl to 100%, but nooo, it still idles at x12   ???

Not only that, I tried pressing the OC button in at one stage to see what that did and after that, pressing del to get into bios either did nothing and windows would boot, or the tab menu would come up   ???
Pressing ctrl-alt-del at that point would always work, so the del key is definitely working.
Sometimes F12 boot options would work [sometimes] and I could get to bios from there.
Tried a ps2 kb and it was no different.
I turned the OC button off and am still having troubles pressing del to get to bios.

Not only that, I've noticed from day 1 that sometimes after doing a restart without even having entered bios and with everything on default [load optimized defaults] except 'show full logo', that it would turn on the green m/b led [m/b is sitting on a box atm] like it was about to boot, but then the led goes off then after a few secs comes back on, then [maybe then] you get the megatrends splash and system beep   ???
Sometimes it will have a few goes before finally starting.

I have run memtest for 24 hours with no errors and prime95 for a few hours with no errors.

Maybe the F11 bios might solve some of these issues.

Does anyone get the feeling that it's left to end users to do the debugging these days... :)
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, the complexity bar has been raised a bit lately.
But goddammit, I just wanna play a game and my m/b is STill sitting on a cardboard box!!  :D .....yeah, gotta keep smiling!

Ok, so if it's not booting flip the power supply to completely off then press the small "Clear Cmos" button at the back near the overclock button & hold it for 5seconds.  Will boot every time if you do that. Mine sometimes goes into an infinite boot loop if my overclock is bad. Have to turn the system completely off & press the clr Cmos button to get it booting again. If your multi is still going to 36x then you probably pressed the overclock button at the back. I noticed it increases the turbo speed.

You need to disable all power saving features like C3/C6, EIST & real time clock ratio changes in OS ect.. That way it will always run at full speed without the power saving crap.

Here you go:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:29:31 am by C-BuZz »

RobD

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 04:08:35 am »
Thanks for the pic showing the relevant power states to disable  :)
I will revisit clearing cmos and loading defaults, but i'm pretty sure that it still quite often gets stuck momentarily.
I know the clear cmos button is doing it's job as the first screen you get is the load defaults screen.
It could be that it trips over itself when querying the hdd's or bd-drive and bios F11 will fix that.

I note that someone else with a different m/b has posted a new thread and is having the exact same issue.

Have to go out for a bit, brb.