Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3: @BIOS won't update to F10?

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3: @BIOS won't update to F10?
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:13:59 pm »
I am stumped here.  I must be doing something stupid.

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 ver. 1.3... i3-2100. Currently have BIOS version F9. Windows 7  - 64 bit Prem.

although @bios keeps telling me rev.1.0 ...bug?  My box says rev.1.3.  Should I actually look on the MOBO?

Why does the @bios application not let me update from the 'GIGABYTE server' past the BIOS version  F9?

Am I missing something basic?

I downloaded the F10 zip.  Unzipped it, but wasn't sure which file to open using the @BIOS application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ser

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3: @BIOS won't update to F10?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 08:45:08 am »
Hi there,

I would double check the revision of your motherboard by checking what is actually printed on it, then download the correct BIOS version for your motherboard revision.

@BIOS sometimes gets things wrong which is why a lot of us old hands don't recommend using it and prefer to use the QFlash utility. Check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.0.html for some guidance on how to do this.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3: @BIOS won't update to F10?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 01:36:09 pm »
Thank you, that clears things up.

I have rev.1.3

That is too bad about the @BIOS not knowing which is up.  Kinda nice to have it do all the BIOS stuff for me :)

I will flash that and then start tackling my USB 3.0 problem.  Maybe the BIOS will fix it....