Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper 3 Boot problems

G1 Sniper 3 Boot problems
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:06:19 pm »
Hi

I just got the G1 Sniper 3, and I have some problems with it. I can't boot, even POST is not showing on my screen it is just black.
I have been looking at the Debug Led and the last code that it shows is 96 then it goes blank and starts to repeat the same codes over and over until I turn it off.

I’ve done a lot of different testing to see if I could fix it.
I have run with only 1 memory stick and still the same, without any Memory then I get the code 53, which is something about memory according to the manual.
I have used the clear CMOS button. I have removed the MB battery for 30 minutes and reinstalled it.
I have removed my 580’s and run off the onboard DVI and HDMI.
I removed the CPU, applied some new TIM, and then reinstalled the CPU.
I have also flipped the BIOS switch.
After trying all these things, I still get the same Debug codes, and it still ends on 96 and then starts repeating.

I then moved my 580 and my PSU over to my old Rig just to make sure they worked, which they did.
It’s only the MB, CPU and Ram, which is new all the other parts comes from my old PC.

I am not quite sure what to do now. Is it the MB that’s the problem or is it something else, not sure what to do with the 96 code maybe you can help me?

I also made a small video showing the Debug Led in action slowed to about 30% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvU-GygmdXU&feature=youtu.be

Could really use some help here :) Thanks in advance

-Unframed

pstlouis

Re: G1 Sniper 3 Boot problems
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:35:11 am »
RMA the board.  ;)