Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1. Assassin 2 with Windows 8

G1. Assassin 2 with Windows 8
« on: January 01, 2013, 02:33:02 am »
Hi, I haven't had the opportunity to upgrade my computer since 2001 and i finally built a new rig.

I bought a CPU from cyberpower with an Assassin motherboard and naturally the first thing I did after boot up was (attempt to) install the drivers. I could not run the disk, either through autoplay or going to Gsetup in the disk files and any of the links on the main website for drivers don't work either. I keep getting "driver cannot release to failure", "open driver handle failure" and "this chipset cannot be supported" errors whenever I try to use any of the utilities that this was supposed to come with. Its not just not being able to use the utilities that bother me, its that there could be other potential issues. 

3.60 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3820
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G1.Assassin2
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. F11 07/05/2012 as far as ive seen these are the latest non-beta BIOS.
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB

I was going to partition and load win7 on and see if any of the issues im experiencing go away but I thought Id save myself trouble and ask here, since I've been everywhere else on the internet and I've been going in circles for 3 days now.

Thanks.

Pistol

Re: G1. Assassin 2 with Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:37:25 pm »
Did you ever get a response...I'm just about to do a build with assassin motherboard and windows 8...will it work?