Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77XUD5H and hardrives

GA-Z77XUD5H and hardrives
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:27:48 pm »
Hello i have this motherboard GA-Z77XUD5H rev 1.0 bios f14 and a Intel I7 processor i have two hard drives one i an ssd and the other one a normal ssh when i put the ssd in the white sata3 nr 0 and the ssh in black sata2 nr 2 the bios find them also in startoptions F12 you see them, but when i want to install a operating system then they don,t show up so i can,t install nothing i did a couple of cmos and a few F7 load optized perfomance but it won,t work.
I also tried mine ssd in black sat2 nr2 and the ssh in black sat2 nr3 but that maken o difference

So can please someone explain me what i can do to solve this problem

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-Z77XUD5H and hardrives
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:41:21 pm »
Hi there,

when an SSD or HDD are not seen it is often because they are new and have no active partition(s). Usually, once you start to install an OS such as Windows then it will be found and prepared during the installation.

If you are installing Windows then I would suggest that you connect the SSD to SATA3_0 and then launch the OS install, either from a DVD/CD disk-drive or USB pendrive. The SSD should be found without too much of a problem if it is showing in BIOS.

Remember to check that the SATA controller in BIOS is set to AHCI mode for your SSD.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

RonW

Re: GA-Z77XUD5H and hardrives
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »
I learned the hard way with my SSD. Only ever have the SSD connected on a fresh system. Connect the rest after OS is installed.