Official GIGABYTE Forum

MB GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS Start Debug LED Codes Codes 15 then 53 followed by restart

Hi All,

Topic:  MB GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS Start Debug LED Codes Codes 15 then 53 followed by restart

I am currently building my first computer using the following components:

My PC build consists of:

- Corsair 800W PSU Gaming Series
- Antec P280 Case (size, air flow, sound proofing, wiring)
- Gigabyte Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UD5H
- CPU Processor: Intel Core i7-3770k
- Corsair Vengeance Ram - 8 GB X 4 (32 GB Total and maximum for this motherboard) (CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10)
- SanDisk Solid State Drive (main boot) - 240 GB

On start up I have the following Debug LED Codes:

Regular Boot

Code 15 - "Pre-memory CPU North-Bridge initialization is started. (Which I assume means the Intel Chip is initiated)"

Error

53 (50-55) - "Memory Initialization errors occurs". (Which I am not sure which memory this refers too)

I have the same code sequence without RAM.

I have the same code sequence with one 8GB RAM of the Vengeance Ram placed in all four slots and tested in turn.

I have the same code sequence with one 4GB RAM of Integral DDR3 Mhz 1333 DIMM Ram in all four slots.

What memory is the BIOS trying to initialize would this be RAM or hard disk drive.

Aside from return to the supplier and ask for more recent version of the Gigabyte Motherboard as I understand that there is a REV:1.1 available.
The Revision Number of mine is: REV: 1.0 of the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I have also tried Clear CMOS and taken the battery out to also reset the CMOS.

Any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank-you,

Graham

Try running it with 1 stick of ram see if it changes anything

Hi All,

Topic:  MB GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS Start Debug LED Codes Codes 15 then 53 followed by restart

On start up I have the following Debug LED Codes:

Regular Boot

Code 15 - "Pre-memory CPU North-Bridge initialization is started. (Which I assume means the Intel Chip is initiated)"

Error

53 (50-55) - "Memory Initialization errors occurs". (Which I am not sure which memory this refers too)

I have the same code sequence without RAM.

I have the same code sequence with one 8GB RAM of the Vengeance Ram placed in all four slots and tested in turn.

I have the same code sequence with one 4GB RAM of Integral DDR3 Mhz 1333 DIMM Ram in all four slots.

What memory is the BIOS trying to initialize would this be RAM or hard disk drive.

Aside from return to the supplier and ask for more recent version of the Gigabyte Motherboard as I understand that there is a REV:1.1 available.
The Revision Number of mine is: REV: 1.0 of the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I have also tried Clear CMOS and taken the battery out to also reset the CMOS.

Any other suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank-you,

Graham

I'm glad to see you here Graham, because I am having the exact same problem as you. I just got the board and I'm out in the middle of China, so anybody who has an idea, it would be appreciated. I have a E3 1230V2 Xeon CPU, 2x16GB Hynix ram Colorful igame 660ti. I ran the board on the anti-static bag without any peripherals attached, just ATX power, CPU power and with/without RAM like Graham did and got the same errors. I've been breezing through forums and found one solution was changing out the ram, so I am trying to buy memory from the approved list to check out tomorrow, but if this fails then I'm back to square one.

Thanks

blmill

I realize this is an old thread, however, I ran into a similar problem and finally got it to work, so I figured it was worth posting. Error code 15 refers to the North bridge startup which makes it sound like a CPU related chip set issue. I reseated the CPU, checked power going to the CPU, etc. - the sorts of things you'd do when running into a CPU issue. Eventually I started swapping out memory and finally got it to work with with a single 2 GB stick (1333) in slot one only. Initially I was using two Corsair 8 GB sticks which incidentally seem to be OK.

The moral of the story is that you have to start with a very vanilla memory configuration with minimal memory (I started with 8 GB, switched to 4 GB and ended up with a 2 GB stick) to be able to access the BIOS to tweak it for the larger memory configuration.