Official GIGABYTE Forum

Enabling memory remap feature in the bios at mother Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 rev. 2.1

Prexem

Enabling "memory remap feature" in the bios at motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1 rev. 2.1, with windows 7 ultimate:
I have 16 Gb RAM installed, but the system tells me that I have only almost 4Gb ram usable. How do I enable "memory remap feature" on my motherboard?
Thanks from Tucumán, Argentine.
Victor.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi there,

are you running Windows 7 32 bit or Windows 7 64 bit? If you are running the 32 bit version then you will only get 4Gb of RAM showing.

I am not aware of a Memory Remap option being available within the BIOS and usually, the memory is automatically detected during the POST phase of startup. If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows then I would suggest clearing CMOS and/or reflashing the BIOS to see if that solves the problem. Failing that, then contact Tech Support http://uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx and see if they can help.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Prexem

Hi there,

are you running Windows 7 32 bit or Windows 7 64 bit? If you are running the 32 bit version then you will only get 4Gb of RAM showing.

I am not aware of a Memory Remap option being available within the BIOS and usually, the memory is automatically detected during the POST phase of startup. If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows then I would suggest clearing CMOS and/or reflashing the BIOS to see if that solves the problem. Failing that, then contact Tech Support http://uk.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx and see if they can help.

Many thanks for your reply. I'm using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, but I understand that should buy windows 7 ultimate 64 bit for to take advantage of my 16 GB RAM.
I ask you: when i start using, 64 bit version, will be very hard to find 64 bit software?
Greetings from Tucumán Argentine.
Víctor.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Finding software to run in 64 bit Windows Vista, 7 & 8 is now pretty much the same as for 32 bit versions and I have had no issues in the past few years with the programs that I am running.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Prexem

Thanks so much.
Víctor.