Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77-DS3H F9 BIOS inaccessible when using DVI port

Z77-DS3H F9 BIOS inaccessible when using DVI port
« on: March 23, 2013, 09:54:28 pm »
Hi all:

I cannot access the BIOS setup when I plug a screen to the DVI port. Even though I strike <DEL> key repeatedly, all I get is a hung computer with a blank screen. Otherwise, if I only use the VGA port to plug a screen, everything is fine. As I wish to use dual monitors, this issue is a bother and on top of that I worry that anything else, worse than the detected issue, might happen and jeopardizes my work.

Please tell me if anybody else experienced this issue, or if you are able to access BIOS using DVI port without trouble. Maybe my BIOS setup is faulty and I would like to repair it. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------
Configuration:

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Motherboard
F9 BIOS
Intel i5-3570 Intel CPU @ 3.4 GHz
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1600 Memory
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 2 GB
ViewSonic VP930 / BenQ 2410T Screens
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:55:03 pm by Oceanotti »

ysw

Re: Z77-DS3H F9 BIOS inaccessible when using DVI port
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:06:34 am »
you may update to f10f to check.
i think dvi may have shorter boot up time.
you may press del more quickly while boot up.

Re: Z77-DS3H F9 BIOS inaccessible when using DVI port
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:43:26 am »
you may update to f10f to check.
i think dvi may have shorter boot up time.
you may press del more quickly while boot up.

Thank you for your suggestion. Anyway, as I am a newbie and I need my computer to be operative at all time for my business, I think I will wait until f10 evolves from beta phase.

You are right, DVI presents a faster welcome screen and seems to boot up quicker. Nevertheless, I strike <DEL> as quickly as anybody I have seen and I do it many times, before and after the beep signaling that BIOS is active.

I am at a loss with this issue.