Official GIGABYTE Forum

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Hi!

As the topic says I get this error code suddenly in device manager on my graphic card. It started on Sunday with some blue screen and then that the graphic driver has recovered. Later on the error code came up after rebooting the computer a couple of times together with some strange vertical lines over the screen. First I thought it was the driver and uninstalled and downloaded the latest drivers for my Geforce 8800 GTS and did a clean install. Nothing happened. So I reinstalled windows 7 and nothing improved. Now I thought my graphic card had broke so I borrowed a Geforce 8800 GTX from a friend and the same problem appears but now with some other lines and much worse picture in windows. I updated BIOS and still get the error message in device manager and the lines on the screen. There is no problem with my monitor. I have a GIGABYTE EP35-DS3 motherboard. Do you guys think there is something wrong with the PCI-e slot?

I will post some pictures how it looks like on startup, when windows starts and in windows.
In bios the screen looks fine with the 8800 GTX but with the 8800 GTS there were some letters missing.
The pictures is taken with the 8800 GTX running

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Looks and sounds like the Pci-e slot is bad. Does you card work in you friend's computer.

If everything works on their computer the only other thing you can try is the PSU.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Thats look like a driver failure. I remember when i got my gtx 680 after 2 days of released..i was get same erors..and ofen windows was notify me that the driver was recovered.I dont think thats a psu failure...most of psu failure it crash the hole system or the psu fry.Try to download an old driver for your graphic card or test the card on a diferent machine..it is posible that the card is broken..or if you are unlucky your slot is broken(witch will be kinda strange as ypur gpu is a light hardware and only if you put some force in a wrong direction maybe cause this)
P. S. dmdilks not all problems are relative to a psu..as i see u replay with this issue on like 70% of your post.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:54:06 am by wind2k9 »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
P. S. dmdilks not all problems are relative to a psu..as i see u replay with this issue on like 70% of your post.

So what you are saying is that 114 of my post I talk about PSU wrong. It might be 10 to 20%.

I'm a person that I hate when people think that it is the #1 problem with the computer and a video card.

When it is 80 to 90 not a PSU problem.

I reinstalled windows 7 and nothing improved 

Oh let see here that when he reinstall windows it will install a drive for that card or a standard drive.

That he shouldn't have given him that problem. But as he stated that there was no change.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.