Official GIGABYTE Forum

My new 990XA-UD3 rev.3 problem with Blank black screen in BIOS/Boot Menu

Hello. My 990XA-UD3 with older revision burned and it was in garrancy so it was replaced.. Now I am with 990XA-UD3 rev.3 and when I try to open BIOS/Boot Menu it is just Blank Screen... I can't join in BIOS.. Can you help me please :( My monitor is not saying "no signal" it is just blank black screen.... I can't understand what is the problem?! Heeeeeeeeeeeelp. And the logo of MOBO when I start the PC does not fit the screen.

klh591

from your last sentence I would have to believe it is video problem; either the video card or the monitor. The only other thing I can think
of would be a BAD BIOS flash.  At that stage in the boot process they are the only things involved.

But with my previous motherboard I didn't have any problems and i'm with same graphics card and same monitor so they can't be the problem.. I also change the BIOS from FD to FC but it is again blank screen... So how can I fix it.. please help  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:25:07 pm by atisas3 »

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Strange problem.

What monitor are you using and what max resolution it has ?!
And what input does it use , is it VGA ,DVI or HDMI ?!

Test also all the outputs of the video card.

Otherwise RMA to the reseller .
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

I tried with DVI to HDMI and with HDMI to HDMI but nothing else.. My monitor is Neo LED-2411FHD

Vezina

Can t find info about this like max resolutions ,refresh and so on ,seems to be made in China for the Russian/Slavic market or something.
I think ,having in mind that you say the Gigabyte logo is also distorted ,that the BIOS may not be able to talk with the monitor/videocard  properly.

I presume you ve updated BIOS having image in Windows so can t think of something else than BIOS<->Display incompatibility of some sort ,UEFI bug

Seen such black screen(no out of range messages) on the VGA outputs with my FM2 APU-s when trying to install OpenSUSE.In my case HDMI and DVI were working properly nevertheless , the OpenSUSE kernel was "seeing" them.

Maybe you should try connecting the PC to some LCD TV with the HDMI input and see what happens or use a different video card.

If the BIOS got flashed and you are using your PC everything is ok ,the BIOS is doing it s job.

Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

Maybe you should try connecting the PC to some LCD TV with the HDMI input and see what happens or use a different video card.
Jesus bro, as I said I tried already with my LCD TV with HDMI to HDMI cable... But still nothing. I want to fix it, I can't hold on stock clock with my Noctua NH-D14... And this UD4 rev. mobo :(

Vezina

Jesus bro, as I said I tried already with my LCD TV with HDMI to HDMI cable... But still nothing. I want to fix it, I can't hold on stock clock with my Noctua NH-D14... And this UD4 rev. mobo :(

:)
My dear neighbour i am out of ideas ,never seen such issue  :)
Return the board to the reseller again.

I understand you that stock is not the way to use it :)
Over & Out !

timmib

Don't know if op is still around.  When I've had problems like that I use the monitor control buttons to see what is going on at the source.
ga-970a-ud3 v3, phenom II x4 965
16 gb Kingston memory
gv-n210sl-1gi (geforce 210)