Official GIGABYTE Forum

sniper M5 & creative soundcore recon onboard audio

sniper M5 & creative soundcore recon onboard audio
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »
Anyone else find the sound terrible with this onboard chip? drivers are up to date. I'm using medusa 5.1 headphones

Re: sniper M5 & creative soundcore recon onboard audio
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 06:03:12 pm »
In my opinion Creatives drivers are bloated and quite annoying to use. Im coming from the realtek HD audio manager and am really missing it right now. I cant set up a dedicated headphone for communication while having my 2.1 sound system active. I have also noticed that getting the sound to sound normal takes a bit of tinkering.

Rant6

Re: sniper M5 & creative soundcore recon onboard audio
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:06 pm »
Interesting comments.  I found the opposite.  I had been using an old SB Audigy Gamer Fatal1ty Pro for several years, and I recenly chucked it in favor of the Realtek onboard audio (on my five year old motherboard).  I'm using 5.1 sound with Logitech speakers and a 10" sub-woofer.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sound on my new Sniper 5 MB was much better.  It could just be that my other sound hardware was very old, or it could be that the newer Creative software (which wasn't available with my old Audigy board) has better sub-woofer crossover settings.  Not sure, but it definably sounds a LOT better.