Official GIGABYTE Forum

Some OC Guru II info?

Some OC Guru II info?
« on: June 26, 2013, 11:58:37 pm »
Hello guys, first time poster here.   :D

I'm hoping to clear up two issues I have with OC Guru II.  The first is I'd like to be directed to where there is a change log between versions.  I just recently upgraded from version 1.45 to 1.46 and I'm wondering what the differences are.  I suspect maybe the new version adds compability to the newest launched Nvidia cards but I'd like to know for certain. 

The second bit of info I'd like is whether there and any command line parameters that OC Guru II accepts.  What I'm specifically interested is to give my desktop shortcut for the Guru the ability to show/hide the utility while it is running.  Currently the desktop shortcut doesn't do anything except in the case of OC Guru II not running, and then it will launch it.  However I have the Guru launching on startup and typically never close it so I'm trying to give the shortcut a purpose in this situation.  I'd prefer to open and close the Guru window by this method rather than digging through the tray since I have the tray set to autohide icons.  So anyways if there is a parameter I could add to the desktop shortcut to add this show/hide window functionality I would be gratified if you could share it. 

Thanks for your time and let me say I'm pleased with my experience using one of your cards (660 TI non-OC) and also with your overclocking program (apart from the shortcut functionality).  ::) 

Re: Some OC Guru II info?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:13:16 am »
Well, since no response seems to be forthcoming   :-\  I went ahead and made an AutoHotKey script to fulfill my desired functions.  I thought I'd leave it here for any other users of OC Guru II with AutoHotKey also installed.  :)

Code: [Select]
DetectHiddenWindows, On
Process, Exist, OC_GURU.exe
IfWinNotExist GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE OC_GURU II\OC_GURU.exe"
Else
DetectHiddenWindows, Off
IfWinNotExist GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
{
WinShow, GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
WinActivate, GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
}
Else
IfWinExist GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
{
WinMinimize, GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
WinHide, GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46 ahk_pid %ErrorLevel%
}
Return

I just saved this text as an .ahk file and included a shortcut to said file on the desktop.  This is working for me with the small imperfection that if the script launches OC Guru II it starts minimized to the tray.  Aside from that it works fine (shows/hides the OC Guru window).  Another thing to keep in mind is that the script will need to be tweaked for any newer/older versions of OC Guru II (I used AutoHotKey's Window Spy to determine the WinTitle name "GIGABYTE OC_GURU II V1.46").  Hope this helps other users!  ;D

yayo

Re: Some OC Guru II info?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:16:38 pm »
Hijacking this old thread:
Just installed a new GTX 970 Gaming G1 and OC Guru II 1.69 . I usually use MSI Afterburner for monitoring/overclocking the GPU but want to give OC Guru II  a try. My problem is that I'm not able to find a way to make the On Screen Display work. Even after ticking the "enable osd" box" in settings, hitting Apply and then hitting Ctrl+F1 while in game nothing shows up. Is that a known bug? I guess I can always Alt+Tab while playing but then again I can also use Afterburner which works as it should.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:18:33 pm by yayo »