Official GIGABYTE Forum

P41T-D3P REV1.4 Vcore Problem

P41T-D3P REV1.4 Vcore Problem
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:17:00 am »
I posted the following in the Gigabyte GGTS and i post it here as well just in case anyone can help... Thanks in advance!

Question :
I am trying to overclock my cpu but i have a problem raising the Vcore. When i change it in the bios and restart, the bios reports that the change has been made correctly and the Vcore is shown raised higher than default but the system becomes unstable. When i set everything to auto (except the memory timings of course) i am able to raise the vcore through EasyTune6 with my cpu stable at 3.125GHz speed. Raising from bios, i cant even get close to 2.8GHz with stability.

Another problem is that i cant set memory to work at Command Rate (CMD) 1T , bios reports as 0 (like in the MB manual) and CPU-Z reports as 2T. I have tried more memory modules in the past and all reported 0 in the bios.I had a set of dual channel (i dont remember brand) 2x2GB with CPU-Z showing 1T.

Finally, when i raise the CPU Host Frequency more than 300 MHz i have a 10 sec more delay until i see the 1st sceen on the monitor.

I am not satisfied at all with this MB considering i paid around 50 euros for it. Also, i am not new to overclocking. I am thinking of changing the whole system unless u provide me with a solution at least for the Vcore problem.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
 ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-P41T-D3P(rev. 1.4)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.4
BIOS Ver : FE
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : Nvidia      Model : GTS 250
CPU Brand : Intel      Model : E5200      Speed : 2.5
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit      SP : 1
Memory Brand : G.SKILL      Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 8      Speed : 2133
Power Supply : 750 W

The official MB bios for rev 1.4 is FD. I used FE from rev 1.6 because in 1.4 i had this problem as well... It made no diffrence.