Official GIGABYTE Forum

Bug submissions sub-forum? + EZtune Alt-GR hijack bug

lag

Bug submissions sub-forum? + EZtune Alt-GR hijack bug
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:09:43 pm »
This place really needs one  :P

Just put this wherever you think it fits best.

Just had a very nice 3 hour debugging session trying to find out why my alt-gr + '2' (makes the @ sign on many Euro layout keyboards) stopped working,

Turns out it was caused by EZTune's sensordetector.exe, which is automatically loaded on startup.
Uninstalling EZTune fixed the issue, but that's hardly desirable in the long run  ::)

Hope someone can forward this bug report to the relevant ppl, I've already wasted quite enough time on this as it stands.  :(

Re: Bug submissions sub-forum? + EZtune Alt-GR hijack bug
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 10:04:45 pm »
I'd  just like to confirm this bug.
AltGr-1 to 5 (or ctrl-Alt-1 to 5) were blocked by something.

I killed processes until these key combinations started to work again, and the culprit was C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\EasyTune\SensorDetector.exe

Guttorm

p1ns

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:30:42 pm »
This bug is really stange, I thought I had a virus, I had to download some utility to dectect all active hotkeys to find sensordetector.exe was behaving wrong. I had to uninstall EasyTune to prevent sensordetector to start with windows.

You owe some hours of searching GIGABYTE.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 11:10:44 am »
I have the same problem, Alt Gr not working from 1-5... is there any solution for this problem?

p1ns

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 11:15:46 pm »
I have the same problem, Alt Gr not working from 1-5... is there any solution for this problem?

For me the only solution was uninstalling EasyTune. You can also kill sensordetector.exe from task manager, but you have to do every time you run windows.

Tune

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 10:23:50 am »
I also have this problem =(
I even contacted their support but they didn't understand what my problem was.
Have any of you tried contacting them?

Tune

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 01:24:14 pm »
I got a reply from their support:

thank you for contacting us about this.
In this case we already know about it and it is caused by the keyboard layout you choose. The EasyTune shortcuts was not made initially for a Swedish (for instance) keyboard layout and therefor it has caused some issue for certain users.
The software team is working on a fix for this, keep an eye out on the website for a updated version of EasyTune.

Have a great day and take care!

Best regards,
GIGABYTE-team Nordic

Youri

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:17:13 pm »
I had this problem as well. I installed the latest Easytune software on my GA-H81M-HD3 board (pentium G3220 3GHz). Pressing Alt Gr 5 (euro symbol) resulted in a complete freeze after a few seconds, really annoying. Thanks to this forum is uninstalled Easytune, and the problem was solved. However: I still want to control my fan speed, so hoping for an Easytune update. I tried Speedfan, but it didn't let me control the fans.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:25:42 pm by Youri »

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 10:52:29 am »
Since I wanted to control my fans (=use EasyTune) *and* be able to write '@' and '$' I did this as a fix for my Swedish keyboard.

- Install AutoHotkey
- Run it to create default script
- add the following lines to the default script (set AutoHotkey to autostart & reload the script)
- win

Code: [Select]
<^>!2::Send {ASC 64} ; @
<^>!3::Send {ASC 0163} ; £
<^>!4::Send {ASC 36} ; $
<^>!5::Send {ASC 0128} ;

If you'd like to protect the other default AltGr-combinations from hijacking by some other programmer who don't know what they're doing:

Code: [Select]
<^>!7::Send {ASC 123} ; {
<^>!8::Send {ASC 91} ; [
<^>!9::Send {ASC 93} ; ]
<^>!0::Send {ASC 125} ; }
<^>!SC00C::Send {ASC 92} ; \ (on the + key)
<^>!SC056::Send {ASC 124} ; | (on the < key)
<^>!e::Send {ASC 0128} ;

I didn't do the ~ (on the ¨ key)... I believe it's quite a bit more complex, so I just skipped it for now and left it to Windows to handle.

The Autohotkey scripts hook into the keypresses before they reach the Windows hotkey system, and these are specific to AltGr - meaning that Ctrl-Alt hotkeys defined in programs are left valid and does not collide. (Meaning Ctrl-Alt-2 will be sent to Easytune, AltGr-2 is handled by the script)
Reference: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 09:21:07 pm »
This issue is still there. Come on Gigabyte, FIX IT already..
Im using a Swedish keyboard layout and this is very annoying. Im also using easytune to control my fans.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »
Same bug,
I am using a French Keyboard. I think Japaneese have this problem too! Developpers shall realy think not creating automatic features that generates side effect on the human interface with machine.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 05:11:26 pm »
How long will this go on??

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 05:27:38 pm »
Gigabyte, fix this already! ??? ???

neurotic tic

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 12:13:18 am »
I feel like complaining! Just figured out that I also have this problem! This bug seems to be old ache so... DIDDY UP, BUTTERCUP! WHAT's TAKING SO LONG? This problem makes it REALLY hard to function in the net. ANNOYING! You never thought, that (a) could be so important, before you don't have it. You spend 1500 euros to a computer that was meant to have everything you ever needed and then... this one little key doesn't work. Once again, ANNOYING! And you can't simply uninstall program, cause without fan control this computer of mine, screems like a freeking cat, that has it's tail stuck in a blender. And them fans doesn't need to keep high rpm's to keep temp down... this is stupid...

When can we expect this bug to be corrected? That newest EZtune from the website or from App Center surely hasn't fixed it...

OK, I go to sleep now, nati nati!

:(

yuri

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »
It is FIXED now!