Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 and UEFI bios

GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 and UEFI bios
« on: September 18, 2013, 11:04:04 am »
Hello. I have some questions regarding my motherboard and bios. I haven't upgraded it since i bought it and right now its version is F10. Since i have a 2500k and i want to oc it , many guides and videos were made using UEFI bios . First of all, is there any danger when flashing UEFI and/or just updating bios version(lets say to F13)? And secondly, i 've read over the net that some say that 'll need a bootable usb, and some others that i can do it via windows and a gui version. Can you please tell me if thats possible at all? Thx in advance and sorry for any bad grammar mistakes ^^

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 and UEFI bios
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:21:27 pm »
If you are going to do any thing I would just go with F13. Plus I would do it with a USB drive too.

Once the bios is update I would shut down, pull the battery and jump out the cmos jumper.

I'm old school and I still do it the old way. That way you know it has been done right.

Un-jump the cmos put the battery back in than go in set it to the default settings reboot.

Then go back in set it up what you were running and you should be all set to go.

You don't need to use the UEFI bios to OC your CPU. I'm not telling you not to use the UEFI bios.

That board was not made to use that bios. But the MB companies have to decided to make one for those older boards.

I read a lot of people having problems too. Again that is up to the person doing it.  I won't do it and that is how I feel about it.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.