Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87X-D3H not booting :(

kiaou

GA-Z87X-D3H not booting :(
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:10:37 am »
hey guys,
i have recently purchased a Z87X-D3H and i have been really excited.silly me little did i know...
I accidentally short-circuit the CI pins (chassis intrusion) (in the front panel pins section),the system wont boot from then,it doesn t even  gets started.
I would be grateful if someone could help me out.Tried clearing CMOS by removing the battery,by short-circuit the Clear CMOS jumper,nothing there.

Note:the short circuit i did to the CI pins was with a similar 2 pin connector from a FAN,i assume the 12volts fried the whole front panel switches...
I am going to have this mobo replaced i suppose since it doesnt seem to be working anymore :(.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:33:57 am by kiaou »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z87X-D3H not booting :(
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:40:12 pm »
You can try this, but if doesn't work than it is RMA time. Plus just tell them that board just failed.

I tried somethings on mine and ever time it booted but with a black screen. From removing the power plug to the CPU, remove memory, & unplug the power to the video card, Here is something you can try.

Try this. Make sure to follow directions carefully and exactly. If it does not work the first time try it again.

BIOS Recover Method Via Manually Invoking BACKUP BIOS Auto-Recovery
Using Power Supply - On/Off Switch

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
4. The board will shut down.
5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

kiaou

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 04:34:06 pm »
i suppose i can try that and if that doesnt work i ll go for RMA...i wish i could tell if its the mobo or something else on the system.GA-Z87X-D3H doesnt come with a led on board to see if its actually working.Would those 12v fry any other part on the system?i m really embarashed to say all this,since i have build a couple of systems in my life never faced something like this.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »
The board is 12v. One other thing you could try that is remove all power from the board, pull the battery & clear the cmos. Let it sit for a couple of hours.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.