Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 2.0 uefi bios problem

GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 2.0 uefi bios problem
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:46 pm »
Hello I am in need of help....

Today I am having an issue with me upgrading from the legacy bios to uefi bios
I am running a computer with Windows 7 Ultimate with an intel 2600k cpu, GTX 580 GPU, 16GB of RAM

I was able to successfully able to upgrade from legacy to uefi bios.

After my computer restarted I end up going back to windows like normal
So it looked like it was booting normally

Until i saw that Windows 7 Ultimate loading screen was in a lower resolution, and
then my computer booted to desktop with the lower resolution
everything was loading up fine with my normal start up programs I have.

Then I get a message it was real fast, if i remember correctly it said "MB not found!" something like that

**I am unable to use my mouse, or keyboard while in normal boot, safe mood does not work either.   I have no network connection
So basically its like if I am missing a chipset....

I can only use my mouse and keyboard while in the bios screen, other than that, I can't do anything.

How do I go about fixing this problem after this bios update?

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks!

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 2.0 uefi bios problem
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »
All I can say is go back to the older bios. These boards were really not made for the UEFI bios.

By what I'm reading more than 1/2 the people are having some kind of problem. Did you do like they told you.

UEFI BIOS - (When updating from legacy to UEFI, use only the utility attached to your BIOS file)

Like they say you always take a chance when updating your bios. Now the other thing I'm going to ask.

After to did the update did you shut the computer down clear the cmos and pull the battery out.

Then put everything back. Then go back in and set it to the default settings.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:46:16 pm »
Hi thanks for getting back to me!

I removed the CMOS battery and placed everything back in.

There is no change, other than now the BIOs seems to freeze when you go to it.

Which didn't occur before resetting it.

I can access the Q-flash screen and I attempted to put the old BIOs back

it says the BIOS image is invalid.  So i didn't get very far with that.

I don't know what else to do. 

any other ideas?

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »
You could try this one

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,13351.0.html

If that does work you try this one

Try this. Make sure to follow directions carefully and exactly. If it does not work the first time try it again.

BIOS Recover Method Via Manually Invoking BACKUP BIOS Auto-Recovery
Using Power Supply - On/Off Switch

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
4. The board will shut down.
5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.