Official GIGABYTE Forum

@Bios utility problem

@Bios utility problem
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:47:49 am »
Hello I tried to find answer to that but somehow nothing pops up here when I search for this message.

I have 770t ud3p rev 1.0 motherboard with latest bios F12, I didnt check bios updates for some time so I decided to do it and after I tried to update from gigabyte server and chose my bios version it found another bios but said its older than my current one and asked if i want to update.

That seemed strange so I used Live update button and it updated @bios utility but after that when I use this automatic check from gigabyte servers and choose my bios version there is a popup message that says:

The is not a regular file name. Do you want to update the BIOS ?

And two options OK and CANCEL.

Should I be worried about that ?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: @Bios utility problem
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 12:47:51 pm »
Hi there,

having just checked, F12 is the last BIOS released for your revision of the GA-770T-UD3P Motherboard. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3096#bios

Generally, I recommend NOT using the @BIOS utility for checking and/or updating the BIOS because of the issue that you have encountered and in fact prefer to use the QFlash utility to update the BIOS if needed.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: @Bios utility problem
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:50:51 pm »
So all in all I shouldnt bother myself with that ? I know I have the latest F12 bios for my revision and I dont really see any problems  with my motherboard or bios but it just made me a little worried that it first wanted to downgrade bios and now it showed this "this is not a regular name" message