Official GIGABYTE Forum

Motherboard/revision availability. When & Where.

Motherboard/revision availability. When & Where.
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
This might be a bold move for a new user to the forum, and likely a none too polished one, but since I'm here with a very specific question, I figured I might try generalize it, and make this into a more useful topic if I can.

My own question regards the GA-990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0, I really like the look of it and would like to buy one, but I can't find it anywhere in the UK. I was wondering if anybody might be able to shed some light on when, or if this particular motherboard revision will be arriving on British shores?

As to the more general question, I'm guessing it's something that crops up a lot, and since I haven't found a thread like it (please correct me if I'm wrong), well, I guess anybody looking for a hard to get product/revision can ask about it here also.

Thanks for reading.

T.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:59:16 pm by Tobester »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Motherboard/revision availability. When & Where.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 07:23:45 am »
Have you tried Scan UK?
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-990fxa-ud3-amd-990fx-s-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-sata-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

It would be a good idea to contact them and ask which revision the board is before placing an order though as it might be an earlier version they have on the shelf.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: Motherboard/revision availability. When & Where.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »
Ahh I knew I missed something, I neglected to post details of what I've done so far to settle this before I came here. Sorry about that. Here we go :).

I contacted about 4-5 etailers, Aria, Novatech, Lambda tec to name a few, plus Gigabyte's marketing/sales department. Here's what I already know...

Nobody I've browsed (ref. the link to scan) or contacted has it in stock. I've seen a few rev 3, which seem to be just now filtering through over the past couple of weeks. I'd have gone for a rev 3, but as the rev 4 has apparently been out six months, I'm wondering why I can't get one yet. I'm guessing it's stock rotation, out with the old before in with the new. Maybe Gigabyte gave marketing priority elsewhere, which seems more likely, considering Newegg has had them a while.

Aria gave the most useful snippet of information, stating that, and I quote "It's not yet available in UK distribution.", which seems like marketing strategy at work.

I've not heard from Gigabyte yet.

Have you tried Scan UK?
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-990fxa-ud3-amd-990fx-s-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-sata-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

It would be a good idea to contact them and ask which revision the board is before placing an order though as it might be an earlier version they have on the shelf.
I'll get in touch with Scan, see what happens.

Thanks absic :).

T.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:36:37 pm by Tobester »