Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-945GCM-S2L power on issues on new motherboard

ArMaTeC

• ArMaTeC's Home
GA-945GCM-S2L power on issues on new motherboard
« on: December 06, 2008, 03:06:36 am »
I I'm building a new rig and i have chosen the following for it:

Motherboard: GIGA-BYTE GA-945GCM-S2L
Memory:          GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit
CPU:                Intel® Core™2 Duo Desktop Processor E6600
PSU:                600w power supply
GFX:                Nvidia 9600 GT 512mb

I'm having a heart breaking issue and i hope some one can help me out. My issue is that when i power on the system everything starts up (CPU fan, GFX card, PS2 keyboard lights up) but I'm getting a constant beep beep beep beep... and there is no display i have tried it with out ram and i have tried it with out the GFX and with out both ram and gfx but i get no change in beep beep beep beep... I feel its the support for the CPU that the bios is missing but I'm really at a loss as how to fix it with out having a display to go on. I only got the board yesterday so help me please I'm desperate and totally out of cash. I cant tell if the beeps are long beeps or short beeps as i have not heard any different ones to compare with

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: GA-945GCM-S2L power on issues on new motherboard
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 03:41:49 pm »
Hi ArMaTeC

It's not the question of bios support for this CPU as it's supported starting from bios F4.

make sure both power connectors (24 pin and 4 pin) are connected to the motherboard. please try to change the PSU into different one. You can also reset the CMOS - by shorting for a few seconds 2 pins of CLR_CMOS jumper by metal object like screwdriver.

If all of above will not help then you may consider talking to the shop which sold you these components.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

ArMaTeC

• ArMaTeC's Home
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:43:01 pm »
i have tried clear the CMOS but with out any change i feel i will need take it to PC world with my PSU to get it tested unless i could send both to you as IMO out of ideas what CPU would you recommend for this motherboard as i feel it could be a duff CPU i got from eBay so I'm sending it back to the seller and now looking for a retail one thats under £130 any ideas

ArMaTeC

• ArMaTeC's Home
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:06:55 pm »
Ok i just got my 2nd CPU  E7300 brand new and im having the same issue still. Do you know what the minimal Watts that are needed for this motherboard is 600 enuth?

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 08:39:42 am »
600W PSU should be more than enough.
Please try as follows:
- remove VGA, just use integrated one
- try only one module of memory
- change memory to other brand (as some Geil RAM needs higher voltage to operate properly, then if it helps then adjust voltage on the mobo to match Geil's required one by using DIMM OverVoltage Control option in BIOS setup)

if all of above will not help then ask shop where you bough it for checking the hardware for the faults and RMA what is needed
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)