Official GIGABYTE Forum

Does Gigabyte ever respond to support requests?

tbessie

Does Gigabyte ever respond to support requests?
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:44 pm »
I sent Gigabyte a support request for my new motherboard, and I didn't get an email confirmation nor a reply from them.

How long does it usually take them to get back to you?

- Tim

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Does Gigabyte ever respond to support requests?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 07:15:20 pm »
Hi Tim,
In the UK it is usually within 24 hours, except during holiday periods.
Not sure about the USA though and as you have just had the Thanksgiving break over there, it might take a couple of days to get a reply.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

tbessie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:37:28 am »
Hi Tim,
In the UK it is usually within 24 hours, except during holiday periods.
Not sure about the USA though and as you have just had the Thanksgiving break over there, it might take a couple of days to get a reply.

Thanks for the info!  Well, it's been 3 business days since (usually tech support groups don't get the Friday after Thanksgiving off) and no word.  I may have to ping them again. *sigh*

- Tim

tbessie

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:52:33 pm »
JUST got a response today - they suggested I modify some settings and reboot (tho' I think I already tried what they suggested).

I'll try it just to make sure.  Mostly, it sounded like my problem was unsolvable (only bottom/leftmost 4 USB ports are available at boot time).

Kind of sucks in this day and age that not all USB ports are available at boot time - I'm sure they could get around that by writing a driver for all USB controllers they include on the motherboard and loading it in the BIOS - what's so difficult about that?

- Tim