Official GIGABYTE Forum

help overclocking gigabyte 990fxa-UD5 rev. 3.0

help overclocking gigabyte 990fxa-UD5 rev. 3.0
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:42:19 pm »
hello well i have a Fx8350 stock is 4.0ghz with  gigabyte 990fxa-UD5 rev. 3.0 i want to get to like 4.6ghz nothing to crazy.just a little boost.i am water cooled.the thing is when i go into my bios all my cpu setting are set to auto and i can't  change it to manual so i can't even attempt to oc.i turned off all the boost things in my bios and all power saving settings.and i still can't take cpu settings off auto.so i tried using amd's over drive i cant get the oc over 4.3 without pc restarting.i have just downloaded the new beta bios FCb.any help would be great thanks

Re: help overclocking gigabyte 990fxa-UD5 rev. 3.0
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 11:36:14 am »
If you cannot change any setting in Bios from Auto. try Using + and - buttons. or you can type the value after selecting the option like multiplier like in ur case it would be 24 from default 20.

but if ur going to use stock voltage i would ask you try 22 first

hello well i have a Fx8350 stock is 4.0ghz with  gigabyte 990fxa-UD5 rev. 3.0 i want to get to like 4.6ghz nothing to crazy.just a little boost.i am water cooled.the thing is when i go into my bios all my cpu setting are set to auto and i can't  change it to manual so i can't even attempt to oc.i turned off all the boost things in my bios and all power saving settings.and i still can't take cpu settings off auto.so i tried using amd's over drive i cant get the oc over 4.3 without pc restarting.i have just downloaded the new beta bios FCb.any help would be great thanks
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:37:12 am by sirenkill »