Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990XA-UD3 r1.0 wifi

GA-990XA-UD3 r1.0 wifi
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:07:39 pm »
Hi,

just installed a a D-Link DWA-556 Wireless N PCI-E Desktop Adaptor from my old main pc to my new one and all seemed fine until I went to shut down the machine at which point I watch it closed down and the power off only for it to start back up a second later. I`ve tried to shut it down again as I thought I might have pressed restart but same thing happened again so in the end i just switch power of at wall before it had time to fire up. I have removed card and then everything works fine so put card back in and update drivers,checked motherboard bios for anything that could be causing this and have tried win7 power management all with no joy. Any ideas???

Thank you.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-990XA-UD3 r1.0 wifi
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:12:18 am »
When you install the card did install all the software or just the driver?
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:59:12 am »
Hi,

When i installed it first windows detected it and did it stuff then went to device manage and updated it by letting it update through internet and then went to dlink and found a driver and installed that but can see no option anywhere.  I thinking the card and mobo just don`t work together

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:32:18 pm »
Only thought I have at the moment is whether you have any other connection to a router enabled and/or did you configure the drivers in the network and sharing thing.  Beyond that, not sure what to suggest.  I have used dlink , netgear, alfa, engenius all pcie cards and had to go through lots of re configuring whenever i moved one from one build to another. not sure why i ran into the issues with the pcie cards , but i was able to resolve them all, over time though.  the card you have seems to be a good one.  I have  this same board now, but also had the GA790 ud4and 890fxa ud5 and never got the pcie card to function exactly right the first time. always something, which is why i have at least 6 or 7usb adapters from the longest range, dlink, netgear as well to tide me over till i got the internal ones to work. i no longer use the pcie wifi in my own builds but do for other people and so far, they are still working after 2 , 4 and 5yrs. from g, n, and dual .good luck though

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:56:55 pm »
Hi,

Cheers for the reply my router is a D-link 2740r and as far as i can see nothing i tried seemed to get it to work,it would be interesting if any others have had same thing happen experience with the card or router,when i first got the card i put it in a asus a8nsli deluxe and that was straight forward work first time,I have found a solution to my problem though I got myself a edimax N300 wireless PCIe adapter model ew-7612lnv2 which works but had to install drivers before win7 64bit could connect with it,its not as strong at picking up signal as the D-LINK but my pc will now shut down.  I was going to get a TP-lLINK one but there were a few reviews on amazon saying they worked for 2 days and then just died.

Thanks for the help.