Official GIGABYTE Forum

My BIOS Setup is not Working on Low Reso. Monitors

My BIOS Setup is not Working on Low Reso. Monitors
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:33:40 pm »
Motherboard: - H61M-DS2 rev. 2.1 ( updated to the latest BIOS version F9 )
Processor: - Intel G620
Monitor: AOC @ 1280 x 720 ( VGA Port )
Gigabyte Response: Filed a ticket regarding this issue. They suggest to Clear the CMOS & Update the BIOS but it didn't work.  :-\

Reason for Edit: I forgot to say that when I try to access the BIOS on 1280 x 720 and below resolution the computer just hangs. Leaving a Full Black Screen.

I already had this problem since I bought this motherboard. However, the store do not agree for a replacement because the motherboard has no issue at all, the problem is my monitor and not the mobo.

After doing experimental tests to see who's the culprit why my BIOS is not working, removed HDD, Mouse, Changing to PS2 Ports, Clearing CMOS yadah yadah, I found out that It's my monitor causing the BIOS not to work properly. It seems that this board's BIOS has issue on Low Resolution Monitor. It's not working on 1280 x 720 and below Resolutions, but working fine on 1024 x 768 and above Reso.

I tried to look on BIOS Setup to see if there is an option to change it's resolution but found nothing. I also thought that updating the BIOS will fix the said issue but it didn't help either. Before, my BIOS Version was F6. Upon searching, this issue is not new on Gigabyte Motherboard. I just found an "almost" identical problem with the BIOS vs Low Resolution Problem.

LINK: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/511168/pc-components/uefi-resolution-problem-33-/

I need to fix this. It's hassle that I need to plug my computer on our TV in order to access the BIOS Setup. Though, I'm not accessing it all the time but still I want to fix this.  ;D

Thanks. More Power !!!  :-*
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:53:49 pm by bjayetnap »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: My BIOS Setup is not Working on Low Reso. Monitors
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 04:10:33 pm »
It's not working on 1280 x 720 and below Resolutions, but working fine on 1024 x 768 and above Res.

The thing is most older monitors work at 640 X 480 maybe 800 X 600 in Dos. The thing is I understand what you are saying.

But you said it is the monitor that the boards doesn't like. I had the same thing happen one time with my mother's computer.

Connected it to the monitor and it got to a point when booting it did the same thing. We had to run it at VGA till we got another monitor.

All video runs in VGA till you get past the windows logo. At that point is when it goes from VGA to S-VGA. Yes connecting to a TV is different.

The resolution on a TV works different from and old CRT monitor. Plus that is what you are talking about CRT monitor.

I'm sorry to have to say this but it looks like you might have to let the old girl go and get a newer model.  ;)
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.