Official GIGABYTE Forum

Issure regarding booting Z68X-UD5-B3

Issure regarding booting Z68X-UD5-B3
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:34:09 am »
Hello!

Occasionally over a period of almost three years, (several times a month, however it's been more frequent which is why I'm posting here) I've had this cold boot issue in the morning, after the computer has been off over night.

The computer boots fine, the problem is the pixelated graphics I get on the load up screen and once through to windows I get these weird colour patterns which resemble a busted GPU. I can log into windows and I quite clearly see the GPU isn't being picked up, however the fans are running just fine. The problem was way to rare and didn't cause me much concern or hassle beforehand, which lead me to not bother changing the GPU to rule out that being the problem, however lately it's been a much more common and I would usually need to turn the computer off, wait 15-30 seconds and turn it back on. This can take anywhere between 1-5 restarts for it to sucessfually boot properly. Beforehand, it would only require one restart.

It's got me concerned and I feel I can no longer ignore the issue and was wondering if this may be directly related to a power issue, or the motherboard not functioning properly on boot up?

Note, over the three years this has been happening, when the computer has successfully booted, I have zero issues using the computer, or playing any games, even when the GPU and CPU are on a considerable amount of load. The only issue I've ever had has been this boot problem.

My current specs are:

Gigabyte Z68x-UD5-B3 - Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG - Bios version F9
Nvidia 560 TI - Standard clocks
I5 2500k CPU @ 3.3ghz, Standard clocks.
OCZ-ZS650w Power supply.  

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:37:07 am by aaron283 »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Issure regarding booting Z68X-UD5-B3
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 03:51:27 pm »
Have you tried the other PCIe slots. Try that slot and yes I know it is only 8x.

This might tell what it is. Do you another video card to try? Do have somebody that can try your card too.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.