Official GIGABYTE Forum

PC starts with no monitor!

Reaver

PC starts with no monitor!
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:08:29 pm »
Hello,

First of all, I'm new to the forums of Gigabyte. I would like to get some feedback about a problem. When I plug my Power Supplier on the Motherboard the Leds light and remain as such until I unplug it. I don't use the power button because my pc starts on it's own. Pressing the Power button or the Reset button won't do anything. I have the GA-EP45-DS3R! I already tried to reset the CMOS by either removing the battery for 10 minutes or by using the pins but still nothing happens. Also, the grapshic card's fan and other fans work as usual and i also don't have any activity on my monitor! Changed a couple of monitors and still the same! Additionally, I used other graphic cards and still the same! I have replaced every hardware and checked that everything is fine! That's why i ended up that the problem came from the motherboard. I would like to know if any of you had the same problem or any suggestions on how to fix it! By the way, buying a new one is not currenlty an option, that's why I need any help I can get!

Thanks in advance!

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: PC starts with no monitor!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:46:44 pm »
Welcome here on the forum.  ;)

Is that after starting the computer, right?

You can go on the session of Windows or Linux for example? With a Live CD, for example.

I need you to understand that the computer starts alone?

If you have set the parameters ( energy saving ) Enabled in your operating system (Linux or Windows) ...
Check Alimentation options in Config Pannel.

It is normal that if you touch your keyboard or mouse or even sometimes because of too much senstibilité mouse, it may happen that the computer restarts itself.

Do you WOL? Wake On LAN?

It will see the bios settings on the WOL, ERP, or PME Event Wake Up and choose option Disabled.

Check in your manual or .pdf file about your motherboard.

So if you have a questions, come here , do not take fear.. :)

Sorry my english is not my natural language. I am a French person.
You read a french web page ? You understand it  ?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:50:02 pm by Gloup_Gloup »

Reaver

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »
Thank you for your answer! The PC starts as soon as i plug in the PSU cable... The phase leds in MOBA remain light and i have no feedback on my monitor to check what you said. All the fans spin but i my keyboard and mouse don't connect. I tried to clear CMOS but still nothing.. Is there anything else i can do that doesn't require a monitor? Thanks in advance :)

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:27:27 am »
I know this is a late response, but if you still have the issue:
Make sure your power/drive LEDs are not swapped with your power button! The LEDs will always be powering the circuit so that could do the trick.