Official GIGABYTE Forum

Blackscreen at bios (cannot access)

Slevin

Blackscreen at bios (cannot access)
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:30:58 pm »
Hello,

I am new to forum and I would like your help to a problem i have.
I have a gigabyte z77m-d3h motherboard and my pc works well. The problem is that i bought a new video card pci 3.0 and i have an onboard video card also from my cpu. I wanted to change my primary display to pci 3.0 to force my pc detect the video card. So i restarted my pc, hit -del- button in order to get into BIOS but all i see is a blackscreen. i restart my pc and everything works perfect but i cannot access bios. I bought my pc at 1st of dec 2012 so i dont know which bios version i use.

To sum up how do i fix the blackscreen in bios

Thanks in advance

Slevin

Re: Blackscreen at bios (cannot access)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 05:30:31 pm »
somebody help me plz. i cannot access bios. i see only a blackscreen

lesta

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:52 pm »
I'm sure that out of the box the BIOS is set to auto-detect the video card.

Try inserting your new card, attaching your monitor to it, then booting. There should be no need to enter the BIOS.

If you really must enter the BIOS, do the above and press DEL during startup and please let us know if the problem continues.

Slevin

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »
I cannot access to bios. when i hit del, i see a blackscreen. just that. nothing happens. i press buttons and still nothing happens. To continue to windows i have to restart pc. i even thought to change my monitor from motherboard to video card, but still nothing. the thing is that i cannot access in bios. i can access safe mode but not in bios

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:01 pm »
Hi,

have you tried clearing CMOS to reset the motherboard to its default settings?

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Slevin

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 07:22:58 pm »
No i didnt try it but i am quite afraid to try. I was thinking about updating bios. is there any way to do so from windows? cause as i said i cannot access my bios

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 07:26:19 pm »
Clearing CMOS will just reset the motherboard back to its default settings and should not be a major problem. In fact it is safer than trying to reflash BIOS and is the first thing that I would try if faced with your problem.

If you wish to reflash BIOS through Windows then you will need to use the @BIOS software Utility but this is not something that I would do, as I prefer to flash BIOS using the QFlash Utility as it is safer this way.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:39:39 pm »
If you are using a usb keyboard try and find or borrow a PS2 keyboard as the bios may not be set for detecting the usb during post hence hitting DEL will not get you in.

Slevin

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »
Here is what happened. I took a ps2 keyboard to try enter bios. Nothing happened. I then took of battery of moba waited for 1 min replaced it again. Turned on my pc and i hit del and i saw bios. I changed my settings to primary display adapter to pcie for my video card. saved the settings and i quitted. but after 2 days somehow my pc doesnt detect my video card again and i use onboard.. Cannot access to bios. Curse you gigabyte and ur stupid bios..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:35:01 pm by Slevin »