Official GIGABYTE Forum

Connecting a Push Pull Cooling Configuration

Larkina

Connecting a Push Pull Cooling Configuration
« on: March 04, 2010, 11:06:13 pm »
I 'm currently installing a cooling system that you can use two fan on both ends, front and rear of the radiator in order to increase the air flow. I need to know if there is a connection for a second case fan on the Gigabyte EP45-UD3L motherboard?

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Connecting a Push Pull Cooling Configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »
So how many fans in total are being plugged into the motherboard? If all the fanheaders are being used up you can just purchase a 3pin fan connecter -> molex. I personally do this for all my fans as I don't like plugging fans into my motherboard
There's no place like ::1

gilgamesh

• overclockerstech
Re: Connecting a Push Pull Cooling Configuration
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 12:03:24 pm »
I 'm currently installing a cooling system that you can use two fan on both ends, front and rear of the radiator in order to increase the air flow. I need to know if there is a connection for a second case fan on the Gigabyte EP45-UD3L motherboard?

hello perhaps i can help here

I am somewhat of a water cooling geek having being fortunate enough to be the worlds first to test the pa140.3 prototype radiator by thermochill ( still have it)

Even if you have a shroud push-pull configerations especially on thermochill rads make very little differnce =about 1 or 2c at the most. In addtion your need the fans that are connected to the radiator to be the SAME, otherwise you get back-pressure!

So for 2c difference on thermochill rads is it worth it? On Black Ice rads the difference is more profound, due to the their configerATION, such as DTF (distance to fins) AF (angle of Fins) FPI (fins per inch)

If you have a radiator where there are a great number of fins such as the black ice GX series (25 FPI) then indeed a push pull config is diseriable, however if you have a radiator that is 11 FPI , then push pull would not be acceptable given the noise/cost and performance ratio

standard doctrine is though more fins gives more cooling surface area, this then means you need MORE AIR FLOW through the radiator

hope this gives you an idea

gilgamesh
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:06:23 pm by gilgamesh »
www.overclockerstech.com , for the best in PC water cooling and hardware news