Official GIGABYTE Forum

F2A85XN-WIFI: BIOS not accessible

F2A85XN-WIFI: BIOS not accessible
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:06:56 am »
Hi there reader,

I have an annoying problem. I have this MB in my ITX machine that is connected to my flat panel TV (1080p). I'm not able to access BIOS because it doesn't even show post messages. As soon as Windows loads graphics drivers during boot I get visuals on-screen.

On the small flat panel in the kitchen, which is only HD-ready so smaller resolution, I do get to see the BIOS and the post messages.

I use the APU's built-in GPU core and connect to both panels via HDMI.

Is this something a BIOS update can/would fix or does the problem lie elsewhere ?

Thx in advance for your help

autotech

Re: F2A85XN-WIFI: BIOS not accessible
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:22:54 am »
That is a common problem on hi def using hdmi.  You would have to go to vga or dvi to get bios post messages on hi def tv or you can lower res. maybe to get it to post then change it once in windows just b4 you turn it off remember to change res. lower that might work. I do know on my hi def. monitor I don't use a hdmi just for that reason.

Another option is get a small graphics card for the pci-e slot and use it. Just make sure to do research on it first to make sure it will post using hdmi.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

Re: F2A85XN-WIFI: BIOS not accessible
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:40:37 am »
That is a common problem on hi def using hdmi.  You would have to go to vga or dvi to get bios post messages on hi def tv or you can lower res. maybe to get it to post then change it once in windows just b4 you turn it off remember to change res. lower that might work. I do know on my hi def. monitor I don't use a hdmi just for that reason.

Another option is get a small graphics card for the pci-e slot and use it. Just make sure to do research on it first to make sure it will post using hdmi.

Ah, good info. Means I can stop searching for a solution as there is none, apart from the suggestions you made as a workaround.

Thanks !