Official GIGABYTE Forum

Motherboard primary BIOS corrupts every shutdown or reboot

Motherboard primary BIOS corrupts every shutdown or reboot
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:34:31 am »
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H-CF

After months of proper operation, my motherboard boots and shuts down within seconds, then cycles like that indefinitely.  If I unplug the PC and then reboot, the system states that my primary bios has become corrupted, and restores from the backup bios.  Of course, I have to reconfigure everything so the system boots.

I have reseated pretty much everything on the board, upgraded the bios to F9, and replaced the battery, none of these things have helped.  Anything else worth trying?

Kevin

Re: Motherboard primary BIOS corrupts every shutdown or reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:20:09 am »
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H-CF

After months of proper operation, my motherboard boots and shuts down within seconds, then cycles like that indefinitely.  If I unplug the PC and then reboot, the system states that my primary bios has become corrupted, and restores from the backup bios.  Of course, I have to reconfigure everything so the system boots.

I have reseated pretty much everything on the board, upgraded the bios to F9, and replaced the battery, none of these things have helped.  Anything else worth trying?

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I had the same issue in the last days, after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
I became mad because Windows 10 was working OK, but after a shutdown and reboot, everytime I had this continuous reboot loop, just of 2 seconds each time.

I thought my Mobo was damaged, but I was wrong.
I kept my power on button pushed while taking off and on the PSU, and after 3 times I booted and couldn't see the Window with "The main BIOS is corrupted, blablabla" and it loads a backup of the BIOS.

After that, I had to change some info inside the BIOS, but when I changed some stuff like "UEFI" etc, I had again the same issue after a shutdown and boot.
This didn't happen with a "warm" reboot, just with a cold one, as said, shutdown and boot.

I was thinking to go back to Windows 7, because I thought it was a problem with Windows 10 (never had that problem before in years!!).

I finally tried again and just changed 1 thing inside the BIOS, the IDE setting to AHCI.

After doing that, the system started booting correctly in Windows 10 without errors.
Same after a cold boot of one night after the last shutdown.

PS: I tried to flash the BIOS too, with the last version, but it didn't change the problem.
Same for change the BIOS battery. Just a waste of time and money.

Hope it helps.
Chris