Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with 990FXA UD5

Problem with 990FXA UD5
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:53:04 pm »
Hi there, first of all, sorry for my bad Englando (?) haha
New here, just bought this motherboard and had a little issue.

I have a 500GB Samsung HDD. I reinstalled windows and then turned off the computer. When I turned it back on, the mother didn't recognize the HDD, It didn't even power up (with the sata cable connected) worked on other computers. So I turn up the computer with the Sata cable unplugged, and the HDD turns On, I Hot plug the Sata cable, Restart, and works.. But when I Shut Down the computer, I have to do the same, everytime. Seems to work fine with Western Digital HDD.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Problem with 990FXA UD5
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:33:25 am »
If you are having problems with the Samsung drive it could be the drive. At one time I bought a lot of Samsung drives.

I had very bad luck on any thing that Samsung made from HDD to DVD drives. I would email or call Samsung support.

If you are not having a problem with another drive connected at the same port than it is the drive.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: Problem with 990FXA UD5
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 05:31:06 am »
thanks for your reply, i was thinking it might be the drive.. But its so weird, because it works fine on another gigabyte mother and another MSI mother, the thing is like the mother is telling not to power up the drive, perhaps the drive is defective and the mother is shutting it down? (sounding kinda noob here) or something on the samsung drive controller isnt compatible with this mother? Its kinda old, (3 years)