Official GIGABYTE Forum

S10M coming soon. S11M in retail

davidbec

S10M coming soon. S11M in retail
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:16:43 pm »
The S10M is starting to show up in retail.

Canada Computers has it as "in stock" special order status. And some stores in India have it in stock.

The good news is that they Canadian store has it with the faster N2807 processor which has a newer C0 stepping vs the N2805 which is slower and uses the older stepping which contains a few bugs.

The bad news?..... $799 CAD

Camtech Systems in the UK still has it as coming soon unfortunately. But they do have a price now. 465.00 pounds

The S11M which replaced the S1185 is already in retail in a few places, including good ole Amazon.com
Happy S1080 owner from Barbados

davidbec

Re: S10M coming soon. S11M in retail
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:25:48 pm »
Unfortunately after a bare whisper of availability (i.e. 1 store) in the UK. The S10M has been discontinued in the US. Since it never reached the US in the first place that means you'll never get one unless you pay 558 pounds to get it; and that is without the keyboard. :'(

davidbec

Re: S10M coming soon. S11M in retail
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:57 am »
Ok. I really can't tell you what happened as I don't have a clue right now. But  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was arbitrarily browsing the web and decided to do a yahoo search on the ill-fated S10M; Guess what? Yahoo said available at 2 retailers. One of them turned out to be Tiger___ IN STOCK status with 24hr delivery!!! Then I said wait a minute. Gigabyte told me they were discontinued. Let me check something here. So I googled it and another new (to me) retailer showed the S10M. Then I said hmmm. Let me try someone I know did not have it last week... B&H___ The page loads and .... Predorder status!!
I rechecked the google results and it showed a result for Ebay.ca!! Apparently someone up there has gotten hold of the CM1 variant and is trying to sell it off for $1,099.99 USD

For some reason. The USA seems to have gotten or are about to get stock of the S10M.

Anyone else wants to do the happy dance with me?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:04:24 am by davidbec »