Official GIGABYTE Forum

Turn Off USB (Keyboard Lights) After PC Shutdown

Turn Off USB (Keyboard Lights) After PC Shutdown
« on: July 27, 2014, 07:05:30 am »
Hello All!

I have a rather old Gigabyte motherboard. Model number GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 2.0). Here is the link to the official page for this motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3417&dl=#ov

I just purchased a Tesoro Durandal mechanical keyboard with backlit keys and the issue I am having is that, whenever I power down my computer, the keys remain lit. The only way I can get them to shut off is to unplug my PC from the wall.

I did a few web searches and some people suggested modifying the power settings. I tried to change the USB power settings in the Control Panel and also in the Device Manager (USB Hub->Power Management->Allow Computer to power off...). None of these worked.

I then read another site that said it's probably my motherboard keeping the USB powered even after shutdown and to check the power settings in the BIOS setup. I did this and changed everything that looked related to USB/keyboard/etc. and power. None of this worked either.

Is this something I am going to have to live with or does anyone know if there is a utility/bios update to allow me to change the USB power settings after shutdown?

Thank you,

Jan ;D

Re: Turn Off USB (Keyboard Lights) After PC Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 03:38:00 pm »
That's how it happens...unless you turn off mains power to the PC then turning off via the pc it's self leave power connected to the PSU.
Over here in the UK we have a switch on the power sockets...I have always switched off at the mains(power socket)after turning off at the pc.
My USB mouse stays lit up unless I turn the power off at the main power socket.
I stayed in a motel a few times in North Georgia and wondered why there were no switches on power sockets

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: Turn Off USB (Keyboard Lights) After PC Shutdown
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 09:09:26 pm »
Some boards have settings or jumpers to avoid that.
EuP setting may remove the problem.
It s the 5V standby voltage that is fed to the USB connectors.
It depends on the keyboard as well.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:10:17 pm by Vezina »
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150