Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD3 failing to load Windows

GA-990FXA-UD3 failing to load Windows
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:54:47 am »
Hello,

Earlier in the week my computer was shutting off from overheating due to the warm weather where I live right now. Yesterday I installed new fans and the computer stopped overheating and worked the rest of the day with Battlefield 4 and stress testing the system. This morning I found that my computer was sitting on a black screen with this text:

Loading Operating System...

A disk error occured...

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart...

I rebooted the system and got up to the Windows loading screen and it just sat there. I rebooted once more and tried to repair the OS but that locked up as well. I rebooted again and the system locked up at the Windows loading screen again.

So now I'm here on my laptop to get some advice as to the issue that is plaguing me PC. The OS is on a Samsung 128GB SSD, the SSD is just over a year old. I'm not sure if the SSD just went bad at the same time as the overheating issue and the recent installation of the new fans to prevent the over heating.

My System specs if needed:

CPU: AMD FX-8150 @3.2GHz
RAM: 4x 4GB G.Skill DDR3 @1600MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
GPU: 2x EVGA 560 GTX SLI
SSD: Samsung 128GB
HDD1: WD 300GB 10,000RPM
HDD2: WD 300GB 10,000RPM
HDD3: Hitachi 320GB 7,200RPM
HDD4: Seagate 2TB 7,200RPM

I plan on going to Microcenter tomorrow to either buy a new SSD or motherboard.

Thanks for any help,
Bigshot

EDIT: Under the boot menu it sees the SSD along with all my other hard drives. But now it is not loading the operating system and staying on the black screen with the disk error message.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:41:54 am by bigshotking »

Re: GA-990FXA-UD3 failing to load Windows
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:25 am »
I found the issue, the SATA cable for the SSD was bad. I replaced it with a spare and I'm back in business.