Official GIGABYTE Forum

EUFI Tutorial /Wiki ?

Manxminx

EUFI Tutorial /Wiki ?
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:25:09 am »
Hia, anyone know if somewhere there's a full description of each setting, what it does etc? It's a very steep learning curve compared to the old socket 775 bios from a few years ago.

I've found a few 'tutorials' out there, but none give the in depth info I'm looking for. I've also watched a few youtube videos, but again, saying 'this button does that' isn't good enough when you don't know what 'that' means ! Yes, I could google each and every term, for example "CPU Uncore ratio" but it would be a lot quicker and easier if there were a goto document that had all these terms listed together with a proper explanation.

Also, Gigabyte have a classic mode bios but does this contain all same the settings of the EUFI bios?

Thanks,
Ali.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: EUFI Tutorial /Wiki ?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:23:24 pm »
hi Ali,

I agree that it would be great to see such a document but, if it is out there, I haven't found it yet.

The Classic view in UEFI BIOS has exactly the same options as the Graphical Interface.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Manxminx

Re: EUFI Tutorial /Wiki ?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:06:52 pm »
Thanks absic.  Unfortunately I don't have the time or indeed any experience of EUFI yet ! But it would be a well worthwhile project for someone. Great shame no-one's doing it.

Good news about the classic view having all the same options. When the time comes I'll probably have lots of questions for you!  ;D I'm still a month or two away from building my new system, although I think I've virtually finished doing the initial research and finalising the spec.  8)

Ali.