Official GIGABYTE Forum

CPU_FAN stays off resume from sleep

CPU_FAN stays off resume from sleep
« on: August 18, 2014, 07:21:43 am »
On a GA-Z973-Gaming3, when resuming from sleep, the CPU fan stays off.

Anyone seen this? It seems to have started happening after I removed the crappy Gigabyte App Center and system information viewer and reinstalled them.

I usually just keep all fans set to standard and let system temp dictate their performance.

Re: CPU_FAN stays off resume from sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:24:45 pm »
On a GA-Z973-Gaming3, when resuming from sleep, the CPU fan stays off.

Anyone seen this? It seems to have started happening after I removed the crappy Gigabyte App Center and system information viewer and reinstalled them.

I usually just keep all fans set to standard and let system temp dictate their performance.

Called GigaByte, they are going to try to reproduce this problem.

Can anyone else that is running Windows 8 or 8.1 (or earlier I guess) reproduce this problem? BIOS power settings are default, fans are all set to standard mode.

Thanks

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 08:31:29 pm »
Reset BIOS to default and the problem is solved!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 03:33:28 am »
This solves the problem but it comes back. I've updated to the latest SIV and app center, and even EasyTune as it will now install on Windows 8.

however, the fan stays off when coming back from resume after a few. It's also the CPU_OPT and not CPU_FAN.

Nobody can help, at all? No replies? Is this forum dead or just useless?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:04:49 am »
in SIV I ran calibrate then set the profile to silent. The fans are now running better than ever.

Resume from sleep three times and the fan has come on each time.

This board was truly, and I mean this, absolutely no help in the matter :)

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 03:18:13 am »
I've completely solved the issue with a combination of:

1. put water pump on cpu_opt
2. disabled fast/ultra fast boot in the BIOS
3. set cpu_opt to 100% all the time

System is working beautifully at this point. I'm extremely happy with this board now.

My only gripe now is SIV needs to be started once after boot to load the fan profile, and I cannot seem to control fan profiles from the BIOS. I've made the suggestion to Gigabyte to load SIV as a service that runs at startup and loads system fan profiles.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:20 am »
I've completely solved the issue with a combination of:

1. put water pump on cpu_opt
2. disabled fast/ultra fast boot in the BIOS
3. set cpu_opt to 100% all the time

System is working beautifully at this point. I'm extremely happy with this board now.

My only gripe now is SIV needs to be started once after boot to load the fan profile, and I cannot seem to control fan profiles from the BIOS. I've made the suggestion to Gigabyte to load SIV as a service that runs at startup and loads system fan profiles.

This is a useless forum man, you ask and you answer to yourself. I don't know why this forums exists.
I have a similar problem on a brand new Z170-UD5 MTB. For me is System Fan 1 that does not start.
I'm not sure if it is after the wake up from sleep, or even after a shutdown, but sometimes it just happens. I have set myself and alarm to let me know when it happens, because my system is so silent and I cannot hear the fans.
This is ridiculous, I plan to send the MTB back and buy an Asus.
I'm glad you fixed your problem. You don't know which of the 3 actions solved the problem?