Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z97X-Gaming 5: Low fps on all games in cold boot until I restart computer.

nikraz

The thing is i am getting Low fps on all games until I restart computer. so the first cold boot (first boot in the day) it alwasy slow, until i restart the computer, i think its motherboard issue, RAM or graphic card. , already try with different PSU and still got the same problem.

my spec is:

Gigabyte z97x gaming 5
Intel Core i7-4790
Ram Corsair 4x2 vengeanze 1600
Sapphire Tri-x R290 4gb
Gigabyte windforece R290
PSU corsair RM750
Sandisk ssd 64gb

How can i fix this, alreAdy tried formatting windows, changing bios to default, putting 1 ram stick, disabling intel vga, put only 1 gpu instead of crossfire, trying with 2 PSU corsair rm 750 and evga supernova 750, nothing work....the next thing is i willl do is order new motheraboard from msi or asus, also really dissapointed with gigiabyte dual bios.....you cant enter the bios when is set to ultra fast boot and tons of issue, slow UEFI etc etc...,
pls send me new bios....for fix this...i am relly tired and desperetate with weird issue like this...wasting my time and money....

let me know if there is bios update solution for this..... last bios i try is beta Z97XGAMING5.F6c  and still cold boot issue.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:31:46 pm by nikraz »

If you're on Windows 8, check here for how to access UEFI BIOS: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=2739&pid=4966.

You can also access from the fast boot utility from Gigabyte in app center.

You are describing a very weird issue though. It is probably not due to the BIOS version you have, rather something else. Sounds like you already set BIOS to defaults?

Either you have a very serious misconfiguration issue that is your fault, or there is something very wrong with your hardware. Unfortunately I don't know of an easy way to debug the problem. Maybe just check all the AMD settings for the 290 in its control panel.