Official GIGABYTE Forum

SSD RAID array not showing in UEFI

LJHCPA

SSD RAID array not showing in UEFI
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:20:06 pm »
I'm trying to setup my new GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI board and I'm having problems getting my Samsung 850 Pro SSD's iin a RAID 0 stripe to show up as a choice in the boot priority section.  The BIOS only sees the CD drive and a Seagate 2TB HD (which are on the sSata connectors).  I'm able to see the SSD's in the RAID setup area, but no where else.  I think I've got them setup using the CMS mode instead of UEFI.  Do I have to use the CMS mode to delete that array and then create a new one using UEFI?  Windows 8.1 Pro won't install to the SSD's because it says they are MBR instead of GPT.

Does anyone have a simple step-by-step method to get the UEFI RAID setup and Windos installed correctly?

It has to be simple because apparently I'm a moron  ???

LJHCPA

Re: SSD RAID array not showing in UEFI
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 08:00:21 pm »
Got it figured out.  Apparently, during my initial BIOS setup I had enabled CSM Support and that caused my first creation of my RAID array to be created as an MBR type disk rather than a GPT type.  To fix that I booted and pressed Ctrl-I to enter the legacy RAID setup and deleted the volume. Then I rebooted and entered the BIOS and disabled CSM Support and selected Windows 8 as the OS.  Then I rebooted again, went back into BIOS and created the RAID volume using only the UEFI setup.  Then the SSD's appeared as Windows Boot Manager device in Boot Priority.  I was finally able to install Windows to the SSD RAID array.  Works great now.