Official GIGABYTE Forum

Ethernet ports suck

LJHCPA

Ethernet ports suck
« on: October 03, 2014, 05:55:50 am »
The so-called 'Killer" NIC isn't working at any speed faster than 10mbps. I just upgraded to Beta BIOS 8c hoping to see an option for a speed other than "Auto negotiation", 10 mbps or 100 mbps.  Both these ports are supposed to be gigabit but don't show a speed faster than 100 mbps.  Under Auto Negotiate they only manage 10 mbps.  In Windows 8 the Intel port does show a 1GBs option, but the Killer only shows 100 Mbps. Anyone else have this problem? I forced the Killer to 100Mbps, and that's what it shows, but file copy performance from my server is very poor, most copy tasks stall at around 47% and appear to be doing nothing.  I tried to copy 8 GB from a server drive and it went for 5 hours and only copied about 3 GB then just stopped.

Is this poor file copy performance a known issue with the GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI, or do I have defective ethernet ports?

Also having issues with no-boot loops probably caused by USB devices, don't know yet if BIOS "upgrade" solved that issue.  I'm about ready to yank this board and put an ASUS Rampage Extreme in its place.

Any suggestions?

Other system items:
Intel 5930K, 32 GB Gskill RAM (2133 mhz 4X8), Coolermaster Nepton 280 CPU water cooler, 2 Samsung 850 PRO (256 GB ea) in RAID 0 stripe, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, 1 WD Black Sata3 2TB, 1 Seagate Constellation 2TB sata, ASUS Matrix 290X Video card, EVGA Supernova 1300W PSU.