Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with Mobo Gigabyte P45 UD3LR and Asus GTX 670 DirectCUIITop

Hello guys,

My name is Platon, I am from Greece.

I recently purchased an ASUS GTX 670 DirectCUIITop VGA Card, and I am having trouble making it work.

The exact problem is that only the first DVI (Analog) connector is sending signal correctly, while any monitors that I connect to the second DVI (Difital Only) or HDMI flickering every 2 or 3 seconds, making it impossible to work with my dual monitor setup.

I have searched this issue for a couple of days, and it seems to be happening from an incompatibility with Gigabyte P45 Chipset. I have tried reflashing my Mobo with the latest firmware (F11 - Official) but the problem persists.

Gigabyte has not yet issued another BIOS update and I am pretty sure that they won't issue any since my Motherboard is old enough.

Is there a way to make this card work with the specific motherboard? Or should I plan to upgrade my system just for this issue?

Thanks a lot, Regards from Greece.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Problem with Mobo Gigabyte P45 UD3LR and Asus GTX 670 DirectCUIITop
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:05:44 pm »
It could be the board and CPU they both don't really support 3.0 cards. It could be that they is something wrong with the card itself too.

But yes you should up grade the board, CPU, & memory to something that supports 3.0 cards.

Plus when you do upgrade make sure you have a 1155 socket Ivory bridge CPU too. Sandy bridge CPU's 1155 don't support 3.0 card.

But if you go with the new 1150 socket boards you should be fine on all CPU's
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: Problem with Mobo Gigabyte P45 UD3LR and Asus GTX 670 DirectCUIITop
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 07:11:06 pm »
Unfortunately I do not have the intention of upgrading just yet, because in about two months I am going to a mandatory nine month absence from home, and right now upgrading my whole system will be a waste of money.

I was hoping to find a new version of BIOS to try, or something else (perhaps a different setting*) to make this card work. Its unfortunate that this is my only problem, otherwise I have seen an improvement on gaming and everything, comparing to my old AMD 5850 VGA.

*In some later motherboards there is the setting "Native ACPI OS PCIe Support" that is fixing this specific problem but I cannot find it in my Gigabyte P45-UD3LR