Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte fan calibration causes computer to turn off

ekona1

Gigabyte fan calibration causes computer to turn off
« on: December 09, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »
I was using SIV to check my fans and to tweak them a little. While calibrating my CPU fans my computer suddenly shuts off. Same if I calibrate other fans. I've tweaked my fans using the gigabyte app before and I don't remember it causing my computer to shut off. Is it supposed to do that? Or is there something wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte fan calibration causes computer to turn off
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:43:09 am »
I was using SIV to check my fans and to tweak them a little. While calibrating my CPU fans my computer suddenly shuts off. Same if I calibrate other fans. I've tweaked my fans using the gigabyte app before and I don't remember it causing my computer to shut off. Is it supposed to do that? Or is there something wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!
I can assure you that the computer is NOT meant to shut off, my zoostorm computer also shuts off now since i upgraded it to windows 10 and tried to use the SIV.
Try to use live update or re install the gigabyte software. I'm currently looking for a solution for mine

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 12:13:16 am »
I can confirm that this happened to me also since upgrading to Windows 10.
Gigabyte please fix your SIV application for Win 10, the fans are crazy loud compared to Win 8.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 11:21:32 am »
Dear Users i got these also yesterday. It seams that there has to be a explanation. I am trying to make these work. Just add. It has just happen 1 time only. I was working .... trying to check why one of my fans where spin slow and trying to adjust the speed and the machine just turn off.