Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99 Gaming 5 / PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller driver ???

Under Device Manager follow drivers are missing
PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller
Unknown device

I have spend hours searching for it, nothing.

It's not on the X99 Utilities CD either

Don't worry I contacted Gigabyte support and have the answer.

Are you ready?

Question:

Installed BIOS F8g. Now have a new item in Device Properties that requires a driver. "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller". Where can I get this driver from a trusted source? 12/13/2014 10:31 AM     

Answer: 

"Dear Customer,

Upon updating the bios it will restore all settings back to factory default, did you change back all previous setting prior to bios update?"

12/17/2014 7:05 AM

There you go. Just thought I'd share Gigabyte's fantastic support with you. ::)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:36:35 am by digital nomad »
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1 BIOS F7, Intel i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666 8x8, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb/1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Can I ask were you having problems before you updated the bios? You never said you were. 
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Unknown device

As far as I can tell from searching on Google, the driver for that is called a "Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Driver".

I checked at Intel and they don't show a driver for Windows 7/8/8.1

I need it too and nobody has been much help including Gigabyte Support
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1 BIOS F7, Intel i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666 8x8, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb/1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

dmdilks

I'll ask again were you having problems before you updated the bios? You both never said you were.

If you were not having problem before the update than I would go back to a older version or just wait till they come up with a driver.

Plus F7 is the newest official bios at Gigabyte. If you are using a beta bios F8g that is one of the chances you are going to take something isn't going to work.

Yes those bios over at tweaktown are official Gigabyte Bios. But again they are beta bios.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

I'll ask again were you having problems before you updated the bios? You both never said you were.

If you were not having problem before the update than I would go back to a older version or just wait till they come up with a driver.

Plus F7 is the newest official bios at Gigabyte. If you are using a beta bios F8g that is one of the chances you are going to take something isn't going to work.

Yes those bios over at tweaktown are official Gigabyte Bios. But again they are beta bios.

Who doesn't have problems? Intel rushed this platform out and every motherboard manufacture is taking a beating from the customers on stability/USB problems.

I have the F7 on the BACKUP BIOS. I'm using the MAIN BIOS to see if Gigabyte is making any progress on eliminating USB connection problems. I've only been trying out BIOS posted @ Gigabyte.

Regarding the "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing controller", it's not hurting anything to sit there with no driver. But it would be nice if SOMEBODY had it available. Gigabyte must have put it in the BIOS for a reason.

EDIT UPDATE: Just noticed Gigabyte posted F8 BIOS for the Gaming G1, but the link is broken. Probably be fixed shortly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:12:50 pm by digital nomad »

I just flashed the F8 BIOS from Gigabyte and the "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller" disappeared from the Device Manager.

dmdilks

Sorry if sounds like I'm giving you a hard time. But glad they got that part fix. The only reason I kept asking that is because there are people that update stuff when they are not having problems. Then they have problems.

All that I was trying to point out was just be careful of beta bios. Yes it is nice we have them and you can try them. But sometime it will fix one thing and break something else.

I think they rush these boards out to early. Yes a lot of people are having problems with these boards. I not having any HHD & USB problems with my board.

But do get a BSOD here and there. Been doing some research on it. It is saying something about the video card in the log. But I have read that how people fix it with memory.

No worries.  You didn't hurt my feelings  :)

The ONLY problems I'm having are USB.

I got this board up and running. Installed a bunch of my favorite games (GT Legends, GTR, GTR2, Race 07 with all the add-ons, Flight Simulator 2K Pro, 2004, X, ). Every game runs better on this machine then any before (Last was a G1.Assassin 2).

Then I went to plug in a few USB controllers and have a problem I've never had before. Lock ups during reboot. Plugging in at the Windows desktop is fine. So as soon as a BIOS comes out that fixes it without breaking something else, NO MORE BIOS flashing.

Unknown device

reinstall the chipset driver. Not sure why this happens, but that is all you have to do.

The board here is the X99 SOC Force and have had this same problem with an unsigned driver? (a Google search landing me here at the forum).
“If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old.”
Peter Drucker