Official GIGABYTE Forum

Random Reboots (WHEA-LOGGER ID 20 win error)

Sgaroz

Re: Random Reboots (WHEA-LOGGER ID 20 win error)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 12:38:53 am »
IT HAPPENED AGAIN... with this log (similar to the past one):
..Successo di nuovo, stavolta stavo giocando (ad un gioco diverso). Il log di Who Crashed è il seguente:
On Mon 22/12/2014 00:08:42 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\122214-14398-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4ADB3C)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8008338038, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
              ------
I opened the case to verify if the NB was really overheating...i could stick my finger on it for all night long with no problems, it was just slightly warm.
I really don't know what to do at this point...I keep on hoping it's a simple driver issue...

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »
I was Having a problem with my X99-UD4 board with BSOD. I run ATI cards and I have had 3 different card with the same thing. I have now change memory and it has not BSOD since I change it on Sat.

I have to see if this will work, because other people were having the same problem and that is now they fix it. I have a BSOD log program and it is telling me video card problems.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Sgaroz

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 12:47:44 am »
I was Having a problem with my X99-UD4 board with BSOD. I run ATI cards and I have had 3 different card with the same thing. I have now change memory and it has not BSOD since I change it on Sat.

I have to see if this will work, because other people were having the same problem and that is now they fix it. I have a BSOD log program and it is telling me video card problems.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
I'm starting to think that it's actually a Video card issue because i recently installed Mass Effect 3, which is a pretty old game but for some reason appears to stress the video card quite much.
I downloaded a Sapphire program which allows you to control options like video card's fans speed. I tried to tune up the fans to 50%, disabling the automatic mode (that keep the fans lower)...and the system didn't crash playing the same point i was playing when it crashed few times. The problem is that the crashes seem to be pretty random.