Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3(ver 1.3) wont boot with 8gb RAM but it will with 4gb modules!!!

The subject sums up my problem.

Pc wont boot, i don´t even get the POST, the PSU and CPU fan start for a while and then it restarts.
It aint a power issue (i´m using a cooler master PSU of 850w).
i´ve tried every combination in ram module position.
Using F9 BIOS version, but it is supposed that the motherboard supports 32 gb of ram out of the box.

the 8gb rams part no is HX318C10FW/8

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/?partid=hx318c10fw/8

It is listed as compatible.

Help please thanks in advance.

I´ve clared CMOS and nothing.
i´ve updated to F10 and nothing.

Any help would be greatly apretiated.

No one can help me ??

Which CPU do you have...if Ivy Bridge you may need to increase some voltages as the memory controllers on the CPU's can be picky.
Assume you have tried both single and dual channel operation?

Which CPU do you have...if Ivy Bridge you may need to increase some voltages as the memory controllers on the CPU's can be picky.
Assume you have tried both single and dual channel operation?

Thanks for your reply.

This is my CPU.

http://ark.intel.com/es/products/52210

i´ve tried single and dual channel.

the memory specs of the CPU says DDR3-1066/1333. Is that the problem then ?? the CPU ??

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
If I have read your links correctly then you are trying to use a 32Gb Kit of 1866MHz RAM Modules with a Sandybridge i5-2500k CPU.

If this is right then you will probably have to change your settings in BIOS to get them to play nicely together.

Make sure that the RAM is set for 1333MHz and double check the timing figures. You can loosen the timing figures a little from their default setting of 8,9,8 to 9,9,9,24,2T (this is a guess on my part but is a good starting point to work from) as this may help with system stability.

You may also need to increase the RAM voltage slightly from the base level of 1.5V to get all 32Gb running sweetly. Don't increase the voltage too much in one go try increasing by the minimum amount that the BIOS will allow, test, and then add another small amount if the system is still unstable.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

If I have read your links correctly then you are trying to use a 32Gb Kit of 1866MHz RAM Modules with a Sandybridge i5-2500k CPU.

If this is right then you will probably have to change your settings in BIOS to get them to play nicely together.

Make sure that the RAM is set for 1333MHz and double check the timing figures. You can loosen the timing figures a little from their default setting of 8,9,8 to 9,9,9,24,2T (this is a guess on my part but is a good starting point to work from) as this may help with system stability.

You may also need to increase the RAM voltage slightly from the base level of 1.5V to get all 32Gb running sweetly. Don't increase the voltage too much in one go try increasing by the minimum amount that the BIOS will allow, test, and then add another small amount if the system is still unstable.

that made the trick!!!! now it works!!!. How can i know exactly how to set the voltages??

autotech

You stop when it works. If you have it stable then u can lower it back down by little bit at a time till it acts up again then raise it to last known good voltage.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA